Thread: Making use of SSD on the ASUS Eee PC 1015PEM

Making use of SSD on the ASUS Eee PC 1015PEM

As the title of this particular thread is suggesting what I wanted to ask over here in this particular thread. I am having ASUS Eee PC 1015PEM notebook and I am really happy with the look and feel of the device of mine. Let me know whether I can insert the SSD on the device of mine? also whether there is specific requirement for the specific kind of the SATA speed while using SSD? What number of USB port it s having? Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Making use of SSD on the ASUS Eee PC 1015PEM

As far as I know there each and every notebook are having only 3 USB port and until and unless there is no specific announcement from the product manufacturer. Also USB port is having support for the USB 2.0. there are some models which are available in the market which are having support for the USB 3.0 however such models are very less available in the market. I am hoping that information which I have mentioned over here would be quite enough to get the requirement of yours.

Well I wanted to say thanks a lot for the prompt reply of yours. I am not sure whether I will install SSD on the notebook of mine. however I wanted to know what will be the effect after installing the SSD on the notebook while using the video editing program? Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. Anyway thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours. Answer the above mentioned question as early as possible.

After installing the SSD on the notebook of yours I think you are going to have great changes in the speed while editing the video. The 7200 rpm would be the minimum recommend speed of the hard drive of yours. also there would be an issue with the Video quality which you are supposed to edit. The lower resolution will let you to edit the thing quite easily and you require less amount of performance to make the thing working for you.

I let you know that you are going to experience the changes into the System latency which will make an effect on the RAM which you are having on the device of yours. also there would be great rate of transfer on the SSD on the RAM rather than of the hard disk which you are having. But the RAM which you have installed on the computer will have the less capability to sync with the system of yours.

According to me the SATA ssd is developed to replace the SATA hard disk. So I don’t think so you will have any issue while using the same on the notebook of yours. well you should consider various aspect of the SSD device like Trim. Also SATA is seems to be backward compatible and it did not make any issue while rating the drive and also you have to see that the push limit of the SATA interface and whether it is having any support for the SATA I as well as SATA II.