Thread: How to set opera as default browser in Symbian 3 and S60v5 ?

How to set opera as default browser in Symbian 3 and S60v5 ?

Hi, i am having two Nokia mobiles with two distinct operating system as Symbian 3 and S60v5 respectively. And whenever I clicked any of the URL it open in the Nokia’s default browser which seems annoying. So is there any way through which we can open those link in any other browsers, I never use to use the nokia’s default browser for surfing rather I uses opera for such a purpose. So I am thinking that whenever I click the link it should be open in the opera browser apart from the default one. Thanks for any suggestion if any.

Re: How to set opera as default browser in Symbian 3 and S60v5 ?

Yeah you can do this with your mobile, in fact many of the users don’t know about the setting that we have to make for changing the default browser. and as the extent to I know this is just possible in with the Symbian 3 and S60v5 operating system only, not below then that. And this is not possible for the browser but you can do the same thing for the media files as well, you can play them to your preferred player.

Yeah I also have the same opinion as the above user as you should make some settings in your device then only you can do this. so for that you can simply follow the below instructions. But make sure that this is just for the Symbian^3 series mobile phones only. so first of all Go to Settings and from that you have to select the Application Settings under that you’ll get Default Applications and that’s for the browser so choose the one that you want to preferred and installed applications.

Hey I have a different series phone so would the same trick run with my mobile as well? I am using the nokia phone with the Symbian^1 operating system installed , so when seen this above comment I was also looking for the same settings in my phone but there isn’t any, so is there any tricks as well through which we can make settings for such a phone as well. any suggestion would be really appreciated.

I am not sure about this whether it will work or not, but still I would like to recommend you the setting for the series you have. First of all you also need to go in to the settings, and in that you’ll get number of settings regarding each and every features so in that you have to select the phone settings, beneath that you’ll get the option called apps settings, so after selecting that you can simply put the one with.