Thread: Eee PC 1008x display has got a split screen

Eee PC 1008x display has got a split screen

I just worked up from my weirdest dream that I had , and was shocked to see my screen decided in to two parts here is what I saw my screen showed a crack in the middle and showed like a split screen , I have just purchased this one some 3 months back and the warranty is still on I would rather like to know what has caused this problem before I knock the door s of the customer service center , I am using a n asus 1008 x .

Re: Eee PC 1008x display has got a split screen

I would first suggest you to see if the notebook that you are using had some physical damage as it might have accidently been struck by some hard block and it might have caused the screen to crack and that is why it might be causing you to see twp problem in the screen, so just look for it , as hardware problem are not meant to be solved here , and you need to go to the as us customer center for fixing this problem .

Well this problem might just be solved with an use of an extra monitor , so here is what you have do just connect that with note book with the external monitor which also could be a desktop monitor and then use this to play any video file id if the files play in the same way , then I the problem is not with the screen and is more over a software problem and well if that played well then that problem is likely to be problem that is caused due to hardware .

I have a better way out, I would just like to ask you if the screen is split when you turn on the notebook or while you are system is loading the operating system, so I guess that won’t be a problem that you are having , here is what I have found here , I have been having the same problem here , so just see if you could go through the bios and view the same problem , if yes , then the screen that you are having is broken .

AT last i got the problem , i just trouble off my laptop and then took in under light just to check if it was having some cracks on it , and i was shocked that there was slight line like on the LCD screen that i had so i think that was the problem that was causing the split screen , so i then took my PC to hardware technician to see if he still had the same problem. SO know i have no option other than replacing it as it cannot be repaired.