Thread: ASUS Eee PC 1000h keyboard not working

ASUS Eee PC 1000h keyboard not working

I think I made a big mistake by given my notebook to my friend, I guess should not have done that before , but as we say there is nothing that can be done to stop the adversity , I just gave them and now finally when my laptop is back I just cannot use many key on the keyboard that it was having , this is not making me nervous when they told me that they have not made any changed to the hardware or the software that was present there .please help out as my notebook is out of warranty.

Re: ASUS Eee PC 1000h keyboard not working

I think that there might be some wire that might have got loosed on the way back home which might left the keyboard dead, I suggest you to see if wire or connection that go through and fro from the hard-drive are correct and tightly coupled together, this might just work for you, you just need to open up the back lift of the laptop be sure that you have all the equipment hand and then check each wire patiently.

Concluding that the keyboard is dead is a too early to say, as the friends might have done something or they might have accidently dropped that on you notebook down, which might have made some physical damage to the notebook, so I would rather suggest you that to check that first if it is a software problem or no , I mean you could use any other USB keyboard from your friend and check if that is working if that is working then the software related problem is out of question and if it does not then that ‘s a software related problem .

Thanks you guys for the fast replies that you have made, but I would really like to say that there is no sign of any physical damage that is made to my notebook,and there the other question that you have asked me about is using an different keyboard and trying it , I have done that too and it seems that the is working perfectly fine with it , now the I have zeroed the problem with the existing keyboard that is there , but some key are still working here .

It might be possible that the keyboard that you are using has some things crapped in the keyboard, so I may sound a bit weird but, this may help you to clean any obstruction that is coming in between the contact of the keyboard .Here is what I have tried and I am not pretty sure which one to use turn the keyboard up to 90 degrees up and the angle it to the surface and then blow some air between it as that might push the obstruction besides .

After reading all you problem I am figuring out that is problem is most like to be caused by the circuit failure of the keyboard , which normally does not occur and is rarely caused ,which make the most of the button malfunction ling and this might cause the problem that you are facing , Now if you ask me for a solution , Regrettably there is no way to fix this , other than buying a new one ,as this circuit cannot be fixed.

I just order another keyboard for my eeepc laptop and I think that it should be better working for this with is I have just order one from e-bay and I have been using this know about using this , and I I mean to say that it is the best working with the one , but thanks for all the relies that you guys gave me , at last you were the one who made this problem get noticed to me .