Thread: Which is the best operating system for Asus EEE PC 1001PXD?

Which is the best operating system for Asus EEE PC 1001PXD?

I am having a question in my mind which I have been churning for many months now , until and unless last night when I saw this forums site , which has some active member , which in turn compelled me to ask you this question here , I own a Asus EEE PC 1001PXD and would like to a operating system that takes very less battery life and as I hate charging it again and again , so please tell me a suitable operating system .

Re: Which is the best operating system for Asus EEE PC 1001PXD?

I think that question that you have asked here is somewhat awkward to answer ,as all the operating system consumes power and the amount of power that is consumed by them depends upon the type of work that you are doing on your laptop or the system that you are using , for example if you re using it for watching movies then I guess it might talked more power than reading an PDF file, so I guess changing or swapping operating system might not just work for you.

I , just completely agree with the above user , I mean all of them consumes the same power , but , there are some exception there with might consume less power due to there made and coding , but , this on the other way round cause you more trouble as most of the application that you are using know would not work there ( on the new operating system). Here is what I have found out , which might help you to rethink on the decision that you have made.

I am really glad that you guys gave it a thought to my thinking power , but , I just really don t’ care what operating system ,is there as long as it has an web browser and some pdf viewing capability that is , I just don ‘t want any other things, I even don ‘t care who has made it or how good the graphical interface it , I just want to save my battery life and the it , so can you now please suggest me the names of the suitable operating system .

I guess, the most versatile and the powerful operating system that you have found out here, this has an inbuilt Mozilla Firefox in it and this also has some of the best when it comes to stability, this would surely take or consume less power when compared to windows XP and Windows 7 as they are high on graphics which often needs more power when compared with the linux based operating system Ubuntu.try using it .

I guess, a better option that I have personally benefitted from is to dim the brightness of the screen , and use the laptop in the power saving mode which , use the least power the is used by the laptop , so just go with it , I hope that it might not be that hard to figure that option out on the laptop that you are using , well you can also try out the latest version ,of windows ,which is windows 7 as that might also consume less power and help you save you battery life .

Hey thanks for all the replies that you guys gave me , I was very great full for the replies that you gave me , I have now been using the Ubuntu 11.04 which the above user suggested to me well thanks for all the replies that you gave me , I am very thanks full to this . Thanks for the all the replies as some of them surely created some impact on the operating system the I used now .