Thread: OS for inexperienced user on Eee PC 2G

OS for inexperienced user on Eee PC 2G

Recently I am moving aboard for my further studies, and my mom here is left alone without any help, as my dad past away a long time ago and she does not have anything to do with. so am thinking of buying a Eee pc 2G for her , so that we could stay connected by email and video chat , but as she is not a computer educated , there would be lots of problem with her , which I don’t want , so is there an operating system that makes this job easier .

Re: OS for inexperienced user on Eee PC 2G

Here is what I have said , I think this is very difficult to find one that suit you as there are many problem related to it , the first problem that comes here , is the hard-disk space that comes here , it just has a 2 gb hard drive , which make s it just impossible to install any windows based operating system in your pc which apparently has the best and the easiest way of getting things done on the computer .SO I think Linux ,is the only option for you .

I mean that Linux is the only possible way to here ,as this is the only operating system that consumes less amount of space , I would strongly suggest you to first see what is the disk space that is taken by the Linux operating system as some of them consume really huge amount of space and hence that would surely matter a lot when it comes to fitting everything into an 2gb Solid state drive . But I would really like to know what are the feature you are looking forward too so that I could suggest you some accurate Linux operating system,

Here is what I have, I just need my MOM to used the web browser, or the chat client or messenger to view me through a video chat so she could feel closer to me, and that all, I just don’t need to store any other thing here , and I just want an simple graphical user interface here , so that she could use that on my pc , I hope that I have a better reply now, I also don’t ‘ want here to manually switch on the router as that should be automatically detected .

I think joli cloud is the best suited for you, here is what you might just need to have, I mean it is just so small and is more over built on the latest technology named cloud computing, here is what I have found out, it even has a better operating graphical user interface, and would be better for your mom as she has not previously background of computer. So I guess you won‘t find a better operating system than this one.

I have used this and I think that is the better one , according to me , but other than this I think there is another Linux based operating system called as the Linux mint which is also very smaller and a lot easy to use , but I would rather like to have this one as my so because it takes up extremely small amount of space in your drive ,so that you get to use the precious left space for other things . I hope this help you out .

Well , that was a really a very accurate replies that were given by you guys out there , I have just used the jolicould as my operating system and I need to tell you the my mom has now become an expert upon this topic the actual fact htat I need to say here , is that I just could not say how simple that is, it just took me 1 hours to explain my mom about the tab and the browser that was there and she wa done it, thanks for the suggestion .