Thread: Cannot start Asus laptop

Cannot start Asus laptop

Hi guys I am having Asus Eee PC 901 laptop in which I have windows vista operating system installed. Now some days before I was using my laptop in which I have opened so many applications at that same time and because of that my laptop suddenly start responding slowly and that is why I have press cntrl+Alt+Del key and open the task manager and after that I have closed all the unnecessary programs and suddenly I get the message like A disk read error occurred Press ctrl+alt+del to restart and after that when my laptop restarted at that time laptop boots properly but after that I get the grey screen. How should I fix this issue.

Re: Cannot start Asus laptop

When you have restarted the laptop after watching that error message if at that time anything was running then think there might be possibilities of the partition corruption in your hard disk or that error has corrupt some of your data because of which your laptop is not starting up. You should also try to solve this problem by pulling out the battery from your laptop and after that press the power button from some time and after that put your battery back to your laptop and after that start the laptop and check whether it makes any difference or not.

According to me you should try to solve this problem by trying this trick and first you have to start the laptop and after that you have to press F8 or del button which will allow you to start the laptop in safe mode. Now where you normally get the safe mode option at there you will also get he one more option called start windows in last known configuration. Now you have to select that option and after that check whether your problem get solved or not?

After looking at your post I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by inserting your operating system CD in your laptop and after that you have to select the repair windows option. Now after doing that it will repair your windows vista operating system and then it will copy all the missing files in your laptop and after that when you start the laptop at that time you will not get any gray screen but your laptop will start normally.

Thank you guys for helping me and trying to find the solution for me as you have suggested in your above post I have tried to solve this issue by selecting the last known configuration but after selecting that also I get t he gray screen at the startup of the windows vista In my laptop. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem repairing the operating system but after doing that also I didn’t get any help. Now please tell me what I should do.

You have to first remove your hard drive from your laptop and after that you have to take the backup of all your data in some other laptop and format your whole hard disk. Now after doing that you have to put back your hard drive in your laptop again and after that you have to install the fresh copy of the windows vista and then your problem will gets solved.

After referring your above post I have removed my hard drive from my Asus Eee PC 901 laptop and after that I have take the backup of all my data I my other hard drive. Now after doing that I have formatted my har drive completely and then I have installed fresh copy of the windows Vista and transferred my all the files in my hard drive again. Now after doing that all the things comes back to the normal. Now my Asus Eee PC 901 laptop is not giving me any problem.