Thread: webcam not working in ASUS Eee pc 1001P

webcam not working in ASUS Eee pc 1001P

From last three months I am using ASUS Eee pc 1001P laptop in which there were windows vista was installed originally and before one week I have installed window 7 in my laptop and after that I have installed all the necessary drivers in my laptop. Now after that all the things in my laptop worked fine except my webcam. Before installing the windows 7 I was able to use the webcam in my laptop please tell me what should I do start my webcam in my laptop.

Re: webcam not working in ASUS Eee pc 1001P

I think you are facing this problem because your webcam is not enabled in your ASUS Eee pc 1001P laptop. After enabling the webcam from your laptop you will be able to sue the webcam. If you want to enable your webcam in your ASUS Eee pc 1001P laptop then you have to first go in to the device manager and after that you have to check your webcam is listed there or nor, now you have right click on the webcam device and then you have to click on the enable.

Well I think you have to install the webcam drivers in your laptop and after installing the drivers your webcam will start working normally again. First you have to insert the driver CD in your laptop which comes with your laptop and after that you have to install it in your laptop. Now after installing the driver check whether you are able to use webcam or not. Normally after installing the drivers this kind of problem can be solved easily.

If you have already installed the webcam driver already in your laptop and after that also you are facing this problem then I think you need to download the windows 7 supported drivers in your laptop and after that you have to uninstall the drivers which you have installed in your laptop and after that you have to install the drivers which you have downloaded and after that your webcam will start working again.

I have checked in the device manager and but my webcam was not listed there. Now after that I have tried to install the webcam driver in my laptop again but after reinstalling the drivers again in my laptop also I am still not able to use the webcam in my ASUS Eee pc 1001P laptop. now after that I have also tired windows 7 drivers but strange thing is that after trying all type of the drivers also my webcam is not showing in the device manger. Please tell what can be the reason behind that.

It looks like there might be hardware issue with your ASUS Eee pc 1001P laptop and i think you should open the case of your ASUS Eee pc 1001P laptop by using proper tools and then check whether your webcam cable is connected or not. if your laptop is still under warranty period then you should give your laptop to the Asus service center and there you have to ask for the solution. As far as I know you will get the proper solution in the Asus service center.

Well I have tried to open the laptop lid and check for the webcam cable after reading your post but I find opening the laptop is very risky and after that I have given my laptop in the Asus service center and after that I have asked about my webcam problem. Now after that they have checked my laptop and then they have solved my problem. Now my webcam is working properly in my ASUS Eee pc 1001P. Thank you for helping me.