Thread: Video settings keeps on resetting in WD live

Video settings keeps on resetting in WD live

I am having the problem in the WD live that is the Video settings keeps on resetting in WD live and the problem is for an extended time and with each and every firmware overhaul is getting worse. I’m tired needing to update each day my motion picture settings to the right esteem I additionally need to hard reset the unit, if not I don’t get sound and abnormal pop up. Am I the one and only one with this issue? What the blazes is going on? I’m running the most recent firmware 1.05.04. Please help me in solving the problem. Thanking all in advanced for helping me and giving me the suggestions.

Re: Video settings keeps on resetting in WD live

No, you are not the single having this situation. I have been presenting regarding this situation for over 8 months, and I have viewed various alternate presents concerning this issue. The WD box makes a point not to recollect the movie settings. In my case, I go into the WD setup and set the film yield to 1080i, and the shade space to RGB Low. When I capacity the case now and again, about 50% of the time it heads up set at 720p (which my TV makes a point not to back), and RGB High. Additionally, with the final discharge (1.04.31) it now and again sets the color space to YCrCb.

When someone manually sets the motion picture resolution/frequency and color space, the WD box ought to recollect those settings the following time that the crate is powered on. That is the way each different apparatus works. The just thing that I would be able to recommend is to leave the crate on every last trace of the time. All the more then, my Live Plus still sporadically updates the shade space esteem all independent from anyone else, while it is in the process of sitting there at the home screen. This is a pure situation being as how when this happens, the different parts of my clan (wife & loved ones) have no clue what happened and they need to call me to settle it.

Bring this for what it’s worth. I've specified this before; possibly another person can see provided that it works for them. I'm influenced there is a capacity up handshake issue. It appears to be more a computerized-transaction miss the mark instead of not utilizing the settings you've customized. Since it could not arrange the settings you need, it falls back. I hold my WDTV Live+ associated via HDMI to a Sony 5.1 amp, out of the amp into my Vizio HDTV. Since I capacity up the WDTV with all things else off, tally to 5, capacity up the slope, tally to 5, capacity up the TV, it reliably heads up to the settings I customized, 1080p Auto. Since I number longer than 5, I get a 50/50 risk of seeing 1080p. In the event that I capacity up the TV or amp BEFORE powering up the HDTV, it secures at 720p.

I feel that you are right; it does appear similar to an automatic arrangement flop. Then again, once you go into the setup and manually pick 1080i and RGB Low, why is the WD attempting to computerize transacts? It might as well see that you make a point not to have 'Auto' chosen and it might as well not be attempting to auto negotiation transact anything offbeat than what you have even now chosen manually. I will need to attempt your prescription on powering up the WD first then afterward powering up the TV thereafter. This appears such as the inverse of what ought to be ordinary (It could appear legitimate that the TV might as well be powered up in the first place, so it should be available when auto negotiation arrangement happens), but in the event that it works

What is positively peculiar that about 50% of the time the crate capacities up accurately set at 1080i and RGB Low? Why does it work effectively part of the time? Possibly there is a timing situation with the WD HDMI identification equation? Probably the timing is 'right at the edge' and frequently it gets the right reaction from the TV and at times it doesn't? Notwithstanding, I make a point not to grasp why the WD is attempting to automatic arrange when you have even now manually chosen 1080i and RGB Low.

The different peculiar is that when I situated the yield manually to 1080i and RGB Low, it works inevitably on the first attempt! That is telling me that there is no explanation why the crate cannot do that when it capacities up (assuming that it could recollect the settings). I surmise that you are right, the WD box is still utilizing some sort of automatic-discovery when the unit is powering up, rather than actually recollecting the manual setting and setting it that far when it capacities up. Presently the just setting it recalls for me is 1080/24p, 12bit. Any viable setting like 1080/60p will reset to composite upon a restart.