Thread: Store Jet 500GB is not responding on my system

Store Jet 500GB is not responding on my system

I am using Transcend 500GB store jet hard disk and I normally use my hard disk with my Dell laptop. My hard disk was working absolutely fine but suddenly it started giving me problems. Before some days I was working with my hard disk and suddenly I get some error message and after that my laptop gets restarted and after that when my laptop restarts from that time my laptop is not showing my hard disk. Please tell me what should I do to solve this.

Re: Store Jet 500GB is not responding on my system

If your laptop is not showing your hard disk then I think you should try to select the hard disk in your laptop manually by going in to the device manger and after that check whether it make any difference or not?? I think after searching the hard driver manually In your laptop you will be able to use your hard drive again. First try this trick and after that lt me know what the result is.

Yes I agree with the above post and if you want to manually detect the hard drive in your laptop then you have to first connect your hard drive with your laptop and after that you have to go to the device manger in by right clicking on the my computer and after that going into the properties. in device manager you have to click on the Action menu and then you have to select the scan for hardware changes option and after that your laptop will detect the hard drive.

You have to check whether you are able to connect any other USB device with your laptop or not. if you have another pen drive with you or another hard drive then connect it with your laptop and after that check whether your laptop is able to detect the hard drive or not. if your laptop is not able to detect the other USB device also then I think there might be something wrong with your laptop USB drivers and if your laptop is able to detect other USB device then I think your hard drive is having some problem.

I have read all the above solution and after that I have tried to solve this issue by connecting my hard drive with other laptop and computer and my hard drive is working properly with other laptop but with my laptop it is not working. I have tried to connect it with the different USB ports and after that also my laptop is not detecting my hard drive. Now please tell me what I should do to detect my transcend 500GB store jet hard disk in my laptop.

Well according to me you can try this solution to fix your transcend 500GB store jet hard disk issue. First you have to uninstall the USB drivers from your laptop and after that restart the laptop. Now after restarting the laptop you have to connect your hard drive with your laptop and see whether it is asking for the installing the USB drivers if your system prompts you to install the USB drivers then you have to insert the driver CD in your laptop and after that install the USB drivers and then your problem will get solved easily.

As you have said that i can fix this problem by reinstalling the USB drivers and I have done exact same thing which you have mentioned in your solution and after reinstalling the USB drivers in my system my all the problem get solved. Now my Store Jet 500GB hard drive is working properly with my system. Thank you for giving me solution to solve this Store Jet 500GB hard drive problem.