Thread: Battery cannot be identified by Dell 1501 Inspiron laptop

Battery cannot be identified by Dell 1501 Inspiron laptop

I just purchased a new Laptop. It’s a Dell 1501 Inspiron laptop. The problem is very unusual for me. When I start my laptop before the windows starts to boot up, the system displays this message on its screen—“Warning: the battery cannot be identified. The system will be unable to charge this battery. Press Any Key to Continue Press <F2> 2 times to enter SETUP Press <F12> and Any Key to enter Boot Menu”. I checked out the battery, it is fully plugged in and brand new. I've updated the BIOS to current REV. but I still get the error on boot-up. Can you give me any solution.

Re: Battery cannot be identified by Dell 1501 Inspiron laptop

This type of problem found in various laptops. So you can try this procedure.
    Start the laptop when the battery installed. Then turn off the computer and remove the battery. After that power up the laptop with AC power supply (the battery is removed). Then turn off the laptop again and re-install the battery. And power on the laptop. You will see there no message display on your screen. This trick work for about a month. After a month you can try this trick again. I hope this will work for you.

As you mentioned your problem is not new for the laptop users. There are many ways to solve this kind of problem. Try this one- as you mentioned you have a new laptop you need either new power supply or new motherboard. Sometimes the power supply of a laptop does stop working. I think that you still have warranty so you can prefer this option. I hope this will give you better experience.

The same kind of problem found in my laptop one year ago. The battery was 80%, the adapter connected but still it was not working. Then I apply one trick as follow->>Remove the battery and the adapter from the laptop then hold down the power button for 5-6 seconds. And the problem has been solved. You can also try this to fix your errors in your laptop. I hope this will work.

According to your description I thought by simply downloading or upgrading things. You can update your BIOS by downloading the dell Inspiron 1501 System Bios version 2.6.3,A16. This will get you on any authenticated site of the dell’s support. After download of these files the system will upgrade your files and your laptop can be back to the normal. I hope this might be worked because I also solved this problem with same trick a month ago.