Thread: Audio file is corrupted of Samson Zoom H4n

Audio file is corrupted of Samson Zoom H4n

Well I am using Samson Zoom H4n for the purpose of audio recording at various occasions. Yesterday I have recorded the stuff for an hour than device of mine shutdown because of the low battery. I have noticed that the audio file is seems to be appearing empty and there was no header. I have tried to use the Audacity to retrieve the data from the memory card but it seems to be falling. Let me know if you are having any specific information to get the requirement of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Audio file is corrupted of Samson Zoom H4n

Looking at the matter i wanted to ask certain questions which will help me out to figure out the root cause of the problem. Let me know where you are supposed to recording the 24-bit PCM stereo? What you have seen if you have tried to importing the file? I recommend that you should try to import with 1% and see whether it is making any difference in the situation. Let me know the answer of the above mentioned question as early as possible.

I don’t know why this particular issue is happening but I am aware of a particular trick which you should try and see whether it is making any difference into the situation. I recommend that you should simply try to set with the large amount of the Start Offset. For eg you should try with 100000 bytes after that you should simply try with the importing the amount of the percentage of the files. So try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

Well I am suspecting that there is an issue with the memory card which you have installed on the device of yours. I mean the memory which you are using the is corrupted then I recommend that you should simply format the same. why corruption happen because the file is not closed properly hence the FAT32 file system of the memory card is corrupted. You will not be able to make use of the memory card until and unless format it. you should backup the file before you format the memory card.

If you are supposed to use Audacity then you have to use the following instruction to make the thing working for you.
    • You should launch the Audacity on the computer of yours and then you should import the raw data files on the SD card of yours.
    • For that particular purpose you have to click on the File menu and then you have to click on the Import and you have to choose the raw data.
    • After that you have to configure the software appropriate.

I don’t guarantee whether the above mentioned thing work for you or not but you should try at least.

According to me Offset will play something important role. It helps to figure out in which manner the raw software would sync with the audio data on the file. As far as I know header file of H4n is 910 bytes longer. So if you have set an offset of 910 so it will point the raw software to very first bytes. However you will be able to make use of various kind of parameter like 0, 1 , 2 and so on. If you have used offset from 0 to 5 and then you have covered all the alignments for the audio samples which are possible.