Thread: Can I run .pdf files on creative zen x-fi style?

Can I run .pdf files on creative zen x-fi style?

Hi, I have recently purchased a brand new creative zen x-fi. I like all the stuff about it, the music is great and supports almost all formats. I use it when I travel mostly to my college and I need to read some of the eBooks provided to us from our college. I was wondering if I can read these books through my zen. I tried reading manual that came with the player but nothing is mentioned about it. Also, are there any software available to read eBooks (.pdf format)?

Re: Can I run .pdf files on creative zen x-fi style?

You can check it on creative’s official site. They have all the technical details about their products. Go to their website and search for your product and then select the “technical specification”. I tried to search it for you but there is no device with the name creative zen x-fi style. Anyways I have heard that only zen WAV has the ability to read eBooks (not sure about pdf but that’s the most widely used extension so it should support that)

Hey bro, I checked it out and sadly it does not support eBooks. My next step was to search for the software but even after searching for a really long time I could not find any suitable software. I don’t think so there any software available for creative zen itself let alone your problem of reading eBooks. Maybe, they can include this future upgrades. I suggest you recommend them as this is one basic feature that people want in their players.

Why don’t you just put one of those available books in your creative zen x-fi style and try to run it. It’s as simple as that. I had creative zen x-fi and it was not support to read pdf file formats but it detected it as an image and voila! I could run it. Though the text will be really small but you can zoom it and then try to read. I don’t think you can manage read the whole book; it has a really small screen.

Hey I found some interesting piece of information on their website –
    Photo Formats Supported: JPEG, BMP (TIFF, GIF, PNG to be converted with bundled software)
    I think you can convert your pdf files to images (there are many softwares available for that. You don’t have to do it manually). Also remember it supports jpeg and bmp so convert accordingly. Anyways I was wondering why you can’t run it on your mobile device.

You have written xi-fi style in the question and x-fi in the post. Anyways, technically, both of them do not support .pdf but I have seen pdfs working on xi-fi. I previously had one and used to read pdf from it. It was comforatable. So I suggest that you connect your player to the PC and transfer some of the files to your player. After this, select those from your player and maybe it will work. Also, you can use audio books for your player