Thread: Does anything happen if the laptop is over charged

Does anything happen if the laptop is over charged

I have bought a new laptop hp Compaq Presario v3173 tu. i had collected money to buy the laptop. So I want the laptop to be long lasting. i always charge my laptop and forget to unplug the charging pin from the laptop(the switch is on) after the charging is full. it has become my habit now. i want to know is it bad for the laptop if there is continous power supply to the laptop when it is not required? Kindly tell me how it can affect my laptop ? thank you

Re: Does anything happen if the laptop is over charged

Try to unplug the charger once the battery is fully charged. If the battery is fully charged then there is no use of the power suppy to it. It is a total waste of electricity and it can damage the battery life of the battery. Once the battery icon shows 100% battery then unplug it. But if you continue to charge un-necessarily the batteries ability to get charged will decrease and hence would get empty pretty often. you just need to change your habit. It is not a big deal. all the best

I used to often do the same thing but later on after few days battery life got affected. I would recommend you to unplug it. continous charging will not affect your system but surely it will decrease the life of the battery. Also you might have to get a new battery. people often play games and plug their laptop charger on full time. this is wrong. I would say as you have a new laptop, avoid doing this. Overcharging will kill the battery life and hence you will undergo problems in the future. Battery might show full life but it would not last more than an hour. kindly follow this advice. It would be good for the battery.

It might not affect your laptop but certainly it might affect the battery life of your laptop. When your battery charging is full and still there is supply of current make sure that you are using your laptop. Atleast some way the battery might be getting over as the laptop is being used but if its kept idle and there is total power supply it might affect the battery life more. It is advisable to remove the plug of the charger after charging. thank you. i hope this helps !