Thread: Is Zen touch cables are dangerous

Is Zen touch cables are dangerous

I noticed in my paperwork that came with my Zen Touch it says to be careful with the cables due to lead and to wash hands after handling. I have never heard of this with cables before. Has anyone else? Or is this something that most companies overlook but creative went the extra step in labeling the problem in the manual? Or is it just a problem with the cables that come with the Zen Touch? Please help me to clear my doubt. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Is Zen touch cables are dangerous

Hello I am so much familiar with your doubt. My Zen Micro manual has the similar warning. Apparently comes out of a California law that requires disclosure of all substances in any commercial product which that state knows to be cancer-causing; you see a similar warning on commercial Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) all the time (though without the hand-washing). But which cable has the lead? The headphone cable or the USB cable?

Which manual is it in? The remote that came with my Zen Touch mentions lead in the cable. As the remote uses the same style cable as the white headphones that came with my Touch I would assume that it is in the headphones cable. I doubt that there would be enough lead in the cables to cause any damage unless you are rubbing the cable on your hand constantly for a few years. I hope now you are clear with your doubt.

Hello as per your query I tried to search about your query and according to me All USB cables have tiny amounts of lead. In certain states and countries for example California, there are laws that request that products containing lead be labeled but usually it is voluntary and Creative chose to volunteer this information hence this exists. The cables are as safe as any other USB cables. I am sure this is your answer if you still want to more about it then tried to search about it on internet.

I comprise the ZEN MX and heard regarding this cancer warning, I didn't have the complete packaging at what time I got it however someone on Amazon said that the mp3 player ITSELF was a cancer hazard and to wash your hands subsequent to using, possibly will they be confused and didn't realize that it meant the USB cord? I am feeling a little hesitant regarding using the mp3 player if it itself has the cancer warning. Is it true guys.

This caution has been integrated to comply through the Californian legislation (Proposition 65) as it refers to the cable bundled through your device contains a extremely small amount of lead to maintain the copper wire and plastic cable extra malleable. This cable design is extremely ordinary and used within practically all household application. Within our testing the standard lead content of our cables is among 100 and 300 parts for each million (ppm), considerably lower than within a lot of household application at 1000 ppm.