Thread: BIOS of Dell Inspiron 6400 is showing ‘No Battery Installed’ error message

BIOS of Dell Inspiron 6400 is showing ‘No Battery Installed’ error message

I have noticed that the battery of the Dell inspiron 6400 is having great performance. Whenever I am switching on the laptop the LED indicator is displaying red which means there is something wrong with the battery even it is fully charged. The BIOS of the system is showing that No battery installed on the laptop of mine. Let me know why I am getting the above mentioned error message and how to fix the same. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: BIOS of Dell Inspiron 6400 is showing ‘No Battery Installed’ error message

I think in this particular situation you have to play with the settings of the BIOS. As far as I know there is an option into BIOS which will let you to disable the battery check. Once you have done the same you have to restart the laptop of yours. I don’t know where exactly the above mentioned option is located into BIOS but I think you will manage to get the same. Let me know about the your experience of yours so that other users who are having the same problem will learn from it.

Well looking at the situation I recommend some third party software to figure out the root cause of the problem. Personally I recommend that you should get the Battery Doubler from the official website. This particular software will tell you about the each and every single details of the battery which you have installed on the laptop of yours. it will tell you about the life as well as history of the battery. It is available for free on the official website.

I am highly suspecting that there is an issue with the battery which you have installed on the laptop of yours. I am suggesting a couple of thing which you should try and tell me whether you have noticed any difference into situation. First of all you should borrow battery from the frined of yours and install the same on the laptop. Also you should get an Ac adapter and try to charge the battery of the laptop and see the error message you are getting or not.

In order to fix the matter of yours I recommend couple of solution which you should try. You should remove the 3rd party power management from the system and also you should install the latest version of BIOS. You can get the updated version of BIOS from the official website. Also I am not sure you might need to update drivers of the chipset. Same as BIOS you can get the drivers from the official website of the manufacturer.

Well I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here and I have done with all the above mentioned things and now I have decided that I am going to visit the official service center and claim for the service warranty. So I recommend that you should also visit the official service center and claim for the service warranty. Make sure that the device of yours should not have any physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim for the service warranty.