Thread: How to use Function key on Dell N5010

How to use Function key on Dell N5010

I have just purchased new dell inspiring n5010 , and I need to say that this one is pretty good to use as the boot speed is quite good and I would love to use this with my other things , so here , is what I having been facing though I have brought a new laptop , I am still not been able to use the function feature that it stores beneath it , so please explain me how to use the function key feature on this laptop as I am planning to use that with the adobe Photoshop.

Re: How to use Function key on Dell N5010

That is a really nice chose that is been made you, I think using the special key feature needs no formatting here, I just need to say that you can directly press the fn key on your keyboard and then any desired function key that is positioned there e but, I think that is not the one that causes you the problem this would be caused since you would not have pressed the fn key properly, so just see if that works or just post back if the problem still persists.

Hey I have already tried that and I need to say that there are many things that I have already tried, my cousin apparently seems to have the same model and when I press key like if I press fn with the f5 key , it assumes the shortcut and I can increase or decrease the brightness of the screen that I have , but , I think that would not be that helpful form me if cannot use that , it just works reverse on my Dell n5010 here I have to using hr fn key for using any other key as without that it does not stat up .

normally f key are very good to use especially when you are trying to use it for some software shortcuts or for some purpose, I have been using this with AutoCAD, I have been using this with the fn key and I mean to say that it is quite easy you need to first set the shortcuts by pressing the fn and f8 key which let you set the desired shortcut that you want to place on your browser , I have been having the same problem before but this made it clear , I hope it does the same for you too.

Basically the FN key works as a shift key which tell the computer that it needs to use the key as a shortcut and not a keystroke. so this condition remains the same while used with the laptop that we are using, I have used this laptop and the f key that is there requires a holding down the button named fn without which it does not stroke out, so I think that is not the problem with it , I have been used this and I want to change the this , but this cannot be done as this is the inbuilt function of the it , I guess you cousin does not has a special type of screening .

I think that you may need a some good mapping software for this, one is the ads for using this, so I think that it is not possible without that, as my professor uses the a similar dell model which also need fn to be pressed with that one, so I think that it is not possible to use that without that , if you still need to use that then I guess, you need to try out the some remapping software , for example like the autokey , which is used by many of them .

That just replies helped me notice that he used a remapping software for using that function a better way round ,all thanks to you guys , I am really happy for that , I would rather like to user that with a neat with that but , I think that , but , I would rather like to say that there would be some , way to do without that , but I really like to have it , thanks for it anyways as I can atleast complete with it