Thread: Nokia C5-00 issues with incoming SMS tone

Nokia C5-00 issues with incoming SMS tone

I own a Nokia C5-00 mobile. It’s brand new and lately I have updated my Nokia C5-00 firmware. The version of the firmware that I have updated in my Nokia C5-00 is version 62.001. Since the day I have updated the firmware I am facing setback such as I am unable to get incoming SMS tone, whenever I receive a text message there is no tone. I even checked the profile settings and it was perfect. Tried all possible ways but still I don’t hear SMS tone.

Re: Nokia C5-00 issues with incoming SMS tone

After carefully reading your query, I have done some homework on internet for your Nokia C5-00 mobile and came close that the firmware version 62.001 you have updated in your mobile is the latest update for the same device. I think while updating you must have interrupted the process which resulted, your Nokia C5-00 mobile to incomplete download and install of the latest firmware. Just perform reinstall of firmware in your Nokia C5-00. This will fix your SMS tone bug.

Since you have not properly mentioned the steps that you have followed to update your firmware in your Nokia C5-00 to latest version 62.001, so I assume that you must not properly updated it. There are two ways to upgrade your Nokia C5-00, I suggest you to download the latest firmware from the internet that is compatible with your Nokia C5-00 and note that you download it from official website for proper registered firmware. This will do the work for you. You will get SMS tone whenever you receive message.

I can help second option; I mean the second way to update your firmware. By going to settings and in that phone management you will find many sub options, choose device update and your mobile will receive updates from the Nokia itself and it will be automatically installed in your Nokia C5-00 device. For these step you need an internet connection on your mobile. Activate internet connection on your mobile from the network provider, data charges may apply or use wifi network to update the same.

As far as I am concerned it may be a trouble with bad settings that you might accidentally done it. Go to profile and set your SMS tone to any tone that is provided to you default by Nokia or else set it to as per your choice. This will enable tone for text messages that you will receive to your mobile. Further on if you receive any messages you will be notified with a ringtone.

If you still haven’t found any help to way out from this bug then I suggest you to visit the nearest Nokia care for further assistance and guidance. Take the invoice with you, if your mobile is in warranty period and also it is software related thing so charges may not apply. Instead of trying weird settings and different firmware on your Nokia C5-00 mobile the best thing you can do is visit Nokia care. Hope your trouble gets solved soon.

Me having the same issue with firmware 071.005 and some sms also not open like 1 or 2 sms out of 100 sms. I have updated my firmware on lease line connection with nokia software updater but this bug is actually in 062.001 later firmwares. Believe me i have troubleshooted completely.