Thread: Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop does not recognize disc

Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop does not recognize disc

In my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop I use to watch movies surf on the internet. Some time I also burn the CDs so I can play it in my CD/ DVD player. From last few weeks I am facing one problem with my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop now whenever I insert any CD in my CD Rom at that time it won’t recognize. I have tried some tricks but didn’t make any difference. Please help me to solve this issue because of this problem I am not able to burn any thing from my laptop.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop does not recognize disc

First thing you have to check the in your Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop is to in you’re my computer you are getting the CD ROM drive or not. if you cannot see the CD ROM drive in you’re my computer then I think you have to also check that whether you can see the CD ROM in device manager in your laptop or not. if you can see the CD ROM in device manger with any yellow exclamation mark then I think there might be some registry issue which have disabled your CD ROM drive.

Have tried any different Cds in your laptop? If you have not tried yet then try it first and check whether your CD ROM Is detecting that CD or not. If your laptop is not able to detect that CD also then I think you should also check that whether you can see the CD Rom in your BIOS setup or not. First check all this thing and after that let me know so I can give you solution according to that.

The problem which you are facing in your Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop can take place also because of the incorrect installation of the burning software like Nero or Roxio Creator. If you have recently installed any software’s related to the CD ROM drive and after that if you are facing this problem then I think you should first reinstall that software in your laptop and after that check whether you are getting the same problem in your laptop or not.

In my Hp laptop I was facing the similar problem with my CD ROM and after that I have tried to search the solution on the internet but after that also I didn’t get any help. Now after that I have download the registry cleaner in my laptop and after that I have turn off the laptop removed my CD- ROM and after that I have start the laptop and then I have run the registry cleaner in my laptop now after doing that I have turn off the laptop again and after doing that I have connect the CD ROM with my laptop and then when I start the laptop again at that time it has detected the Cd ROM and my problem gets solved. I think you should also try this trick solve this issue.

I have tried many different CDs with my laptop and after that also I get the same problem with my CD ROM. None of the CDs were recognized by my CD ROM. Now after that I have also removed CD ROM and run the registry cleaner in my laptop and after that when I connected the CD ROM again with my laptop at that time I was not able to see the CD ROM also in my laptop. Please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

You have to first open the start menu and after that you have to type REGEDIT in the start menu search bix and after typing that it will open one window in the open you have to go according to this path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} you have to locate 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 key and after that you have to select the upper filter and after that you have to delete that upper filter. Now after deleting that you have to restart the laptop and after that your problem will get solved easily.