Thread: ZiiMusic touchscreen scrolling is giving trouble in ziio 7

ZiiMusic touchscreen scrolling is giving trouble in ziio 7

While I'm in Zii0Music, I'm on a long play list. When trying to scroll up or down, touching the screen either lightly or softly, no matter where I touch the screen to scroll. Where I touch, the songs starts to play and the screen changes to the player. I have to touch pause, go back to the play list and try to scroll again. Anyone have an idea? Sometimes a small tab appears on the side and if I'm fast enough to catch it. Then I can scroll up or down without setting off a song. There must be something better.

re: ZiiMusic touchscreen scrolling is giving trouble in ziio 7

Hello I am having same issue. I have already sent in several e-mail issues and the only answers I get back are questions. I have been using Creative MP3 products for about 15 years and really enjoy the product for what I use them for. I have Sound blaster in my computer, Nomad II, Zen and a couple of others that have served me well. I had hoped the Zii0 7 would be as great. I'm having touch screen issues, song list issues and song management issues. I use my MP3 for live stage performance. I'm still very impressed with the sound quality.

While in ZiioMusic, I have created 4 song lists. Each list has several songs that I want to use for each type of occasion. Song list "one" has 10 songs. Song list "two" has 5 songs. Each list might have a few of the same songs on them. If I want to delete a song from list "one", when I do that. It removes it from all of the lists as well as the Ziio. When I create a new folder is there a way to name the folder? I have 4 new folders in my music files and I have to open them to see which one is which. How do I name them? Also when I mount to my computer, I am able to make a folder in the music file but cannot name the file there either.

Probably a bug in Ziio Music, try winamp instead of it. You currently using ZiioExplorer? Try other file managers to manage your files. To rename, tap and hold on the folder name till the selection menu appears and then select rename (IIRC). Perhaps you might want to try touch and hold on the screen then scroll up or down. Perhaps the device is detecting your sudden tapping as a choice to play the song. I hope this will help you.

I'm still having the problem with scrolling. No matter how lightly or hard I touch the screen to scroll up or down, where I touch it. The song starts playing. I have to pause the song, return to the list and make another attempt to scroll to the song I want to be playing. I have hundreds of recorded songs in my "Creative Media Source organizer that I use for my Zen, Jukebox and other Creative MP3 devices. The Ziio 7 will not connect with this system and I cannot transfer or organize with the program. Is there a soft ware available for my computer to help me manage the Ziio 7 music files?

The Delete option permanently deletes the selected song from the ZiiO. A message window appear will appear telling you that the selected song will be permanently deleted. If you just want to remove that song from your playlist, select "Remove from playlist". To rename a folder after you have created a new folder, touch the folder to open the folder. A window should appear showing the contents of the folder. Touch and hold the area that says 'New Folder'. The screen should darken and a window should appear giving you the option to rename the folder.

Re: ZiiMusic touchscreen scrolling is giving trouble in ziio 7

I am guessing you are referring to the list of all your songs in ZiiMusic. I am not experiencing this issue but I would suggest you try touch & drag the screen instead of swiping to see if it helps. Also try using a stylus. I am using MediaSource 5 in this case. Please take note that the ZiiO does not organize songs according to folders. While MediaSource will see the tablet as a removable drive, whatever folders created using MediaSource will not appear on the ZiiO. (Be sure to 'mount' the ZiiO to allow file transfer) This is because the ZiiO organizes and arranges songs according to the ID3 tag of the songs.