Thread: Apps in Motorola Droid 3 update only in WIFI network

Apps in Motorola Droid 3 update only in WIFI network

I have never came across this particular issue with my Motorola Droid 3 mobile phone in past but recently I am getting this particular message whenever I am trying to update the app which are installed in my Android running Motorola Droid 3 mobile phone. Whenever I am hitting the update option, I am getting a message which says that the update size needs a WiFi network to download the following update and install in your cellphone. Can someone tell me what might be causing this issue with my Smartphone? Please help me in solving the issue.

Re: Apps in Motorola Droid 3 update only in WIFI network

As you have mentioned that you were not facing this kind of problem before and it started occurring all of a sudden from nowhere, so I think some of the app which you recently installed in your device might have been causing this issue with it. So, I will suggest you to uninstall the following application from your cellphone and then check out whether you are able to solve the issue or not. Check if restoring the device to its original factory setting is helping you resolve the issue or not.

According to me, you might have changed the settings to download updates only through WiFi and not the data plan which you have got in your cellphone. So, I will suggest you to change the following settings. Also make sure that Data plan is activated in your device and you are receiving good signal strength in your mobile phone. A good signal strength means, you will be getting good download speed as well through your activated data plan.

I also faced this issue with my Motorola Droid 3 device. As the issue was related to the unable to install updates through the internet plan which was activated in the mobile phone, what I did was, called up the customer care of my service provider and talk to him about the issue with its service. I don’t know what the service provider did, and within one day the issue got resolved. I think in my case I was not able to download the updates for the installed app because of the low internet speed which I was receiving in my device.

I am not sure whether this can be possible, but I feel that this might be happening because of some issue wither on the Android side or in the firmware which is installed in your mobile phone. So if the issue is form the Android’s side, then you just have to wait for the issue to get resolved by itself. But for good, I will recommend you to install the latest available updates for your mobile phone as well as the Operating system, that is installed in your Motorola Droid 3 cellphone.

This might not be a sure shot reason behind the problem but I think you should go to the following path in your mobile phone: Settings > Battery > Data Saver. Make sure that you have turned off the Data Saver option. Also you should make sure that you are receiving enough signal strength and for better internet service I would suggest you to use the 3G service in your mobile phone. It will make sure that you are always getting good speed internet service.

Yup, the above mentioned suggestion worked. Thank you so much dude. I tried every possible suggestion form removing battery and reinserting it and restarting, performing factory reset and don’t know what all, but nothing had worked for me. But your suggestion, was extremely helpful and it hit bang on target. Just changing few settings saved a lot of my time, though I had already spend a lot in solving the issue. Anyways, once again thank you a lot.