Thread: Is it possible to use Motorola Droid 3 on AT&T's HSPA+ network?

Is it possible to use Motorola Droid 3 on AT&T's HSPA+ network?

Hey guys I purchased the new Motorola Droid 3 Smartphone some days ago. I got this device because I wanted to experience an Android phone and it seems to be pretty good as well, as per reviews. But I am having a small doubt regarding this particular Android device. I wanted to know whether it was possible for me to use the Droid 3 on the AT&T's HSPA+ network? Does anyone know anything regarding this then please post your quality replies. Thanks for any type of assistance.

Re: Is it possible to use Motorola Droid 3 on AT&T's HSPA+ network?

If any such feature is available in the Motorola Droid 3 mobile phone which is running Android Operatig System in it, then it would be mentioned in the manual/ user guide or the specification of the mobile phone. So, I will recommend you to search for the manual/user Guide of your mobile phone and search for the following feature in it. If there is any mentioning of the following in the manuals then most probably your mobile phone is supporting AT&T's HSPA+ network or else it is not.

Search for the specification of the Motorola Droid 3 mobile phone on Internet and search for mentioning of any such feature in the specification of the mobile phone. For best knowledge about the feature of the Motorola phone, I will suggest you to visit the official website of Motorola and search for the Droid 3 mobile phone there. You will definitely find the necessary information about the cellphone and its features in its specification.

I went through the suggestion and followed the suggestion as you guys have mentioned. So, I visited the official website of Motorola and I saw the following feature to have been mentioned next to the Network in the specification of the Motorola Droid 3 mobile phone.
    WCDMA 850/1900/2100, CDMA 800/1900, GSM 850/900/1800/1900, HSDPA 10.2 Mbps (Category 9/10), CDMA EV-DO Release A, EDGE Class 12, GPRS Class 12, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
    So, does that means, the mobile is supporting the following feature?

Visit the nearest Motorola Mobile Store or any other mobile store who are an authorized dealer of Motorola mobile phone and ask the people [resent in that particular store , whether you7r Motorola Droid 3 will be allowing the user to use the AT&T's HSPA+ network in it or not. You will be getting the best possible answer on this topic from the officials of the Motorola cellphone. No one other then them will be possessing more knowledge about the Motorola Mobile phone.

As you have mentioned that you can see the following specification in the official website of Motorola, then I feel that may be it will be possible for you to use the AT&T's HSPA+ network in your Motorola Droid 3 mobile phone. But still in order to make the thing possible, I will suggest you to cross check the following thing by talking about the issue with the nearest Motorola Store guy. You will be requiring some modifications in the settings in order to achieve the following thing.

Hey dude, sorry to spoil the mood, but I need to tell you this. I am having the Motorola Droid 3 mobile phone. But unfortunately you won’t be able to use the AT&T's HSPA+ network in your Motorola Droid 3 cellphone. This is because the Motorola Droid 3 is not supporting Quad Band AWS in its system. I am pretty sure about this as I also wanted to use the following network in my device, but was left unsuccessful because of this missing feature.