Thread: How to save SMS in Nokia X6 16GB to PC

How to save SMS in Nokia X6 16GB to PC

Need help!! I am using Nokia X6 16GB mobile phone from last two months now and I have got many SMS saved in my mobile phone. Many of them are some important ones which I wish to save in my Windows XP running computer system or my laptop. So, I wished to know whether there is possibility of performing the following task. And if it is then what procedures do I need to follow and how can I achieve the following. Please, if anyone is having any suggestions, feel free to post them.

re: How to save SMS in Nokia X6 16GB to PC

You can make use of any third party software inorder to complete the task you wish to achieve. I am sure there will be many applications available that will allow the user to transfer SMS from mobile phones to their computer system. According to me you should search for the same on Internet or for best result search for the app on the official website of Nokia’s OVI Store. You can either visit the OVI store from your mobile phone or from your computer system and download and install the app in your Nokia X6 16GB cellphone.

I am using this third party software called as SMS Export inorder to transfer my SMS which are saved in my Apple iPhone mobile phone to my system. The best feature about this application is that it will transfer both your received and send messages to your computer and show it as a conversation which will make it simpler for your to understand it. Also each of the following entry of the messages will be showing time, date and information about the sender and the recipient as well.

I am using the Nokia PC Suite inorder to transfer SMS, Video or Audio file between my computer system and my Nokia mobile phone. So, I will also suggest you to so the same. Download the Nokia PC Suite in your computer and install it in your system. Follow the onscreen instructions and install the PC Suite properly. Start the application and then connect your mobile phone with the help of the USB cable which came along with the device. Once the connection Is established you will be able to transfer the SMS from your mobile phone to your computer.

Thank you. guys for replying. I appreciate the efforts. I searched for the app which was mentione above, the SMS Exporter and it seems to be performing exactly what I was looking for, but unfortunately, the application did got installed in my mobile but then I am getting the message that the following application is not supported in my particular Nokia X6 16GB mobile phone. Also, I tried using the Nokia PC Suite, but was unable to establish any connection between the system and my cellphone. What might be the issue. Please help me.

As the Nokia X6 16GB mobile phone is one of the latest cellphone launched by Nokia, I think it won’t be working well with the Nokia PC Suite, but it will surely get connected if your are using the Nokia OVI PC Suite in your system. So, it is better that you download the following application, the OVI PC Suite in your computer system and install the same in your PC. Once you are done with the following, connect your mobile phone to your system and check whether connection is established or not.

Re: How to save SMS in Nokia X6 16GB to PC

What you need to do is first make sure that you have installed Ovi Suite in your computer System. Also you should remember to install the latest version of the following software in your system. Ince you have installed the following OVI Suite, connect your mobile phone to your computer with the help of the USB cable which came along with the cellphone. Start the OVi Suite application and then click on the Sync option. Now you will find that the messages are stored in your computer system in the form of conversation.