Thread: Can’t get SMS Smileys in Nokia E52

Can’t get SMS Smileys in Nokia E52

I really not understand why smileys not working in my Nokia e52. Normally I see in every Nokia mobile we can get smileys, but I can’t get in my e52. Why? I really not understand the issue. Is this problem with my mobile or I missing something. I mean is there any settings are there for smiley or anything else. Please if anyone has any idea about this than please let me know. This is really goes out of bound.

Re: Can’t get SMS Smileys in Nokia E52

We went to a lot of trouble deciding which phone to buy. I thought the E52 was better for me. Read all opinions, etc. No mention anywhere that there was Caritas. It is assumed these days that Caritas is there. I have to say I was upset. They suggest that everyone should write comments mentioning this fact. Is Nokia believes that business people are boring and drab, and do not like fun. Nokia get a grip that is not smart, and take intelligent E52. Thanks for the website Psychomania I'll give it an attempt.

We had one customer that employees could choose between a Nokia business phone, without smiling and some phones from other manufacturers with the smiley. All Nokia employees were denied based entirely on the lack of "smiley-functionality." Smiley is such an integral part of communication between men and women that Nokia must accept as fact. Because you do business does not mean you want, apart from their environment (family and friends).

It’s just unbelievable. No Smileys for SMS script and viewing. Smileys are only for Private Use. In my group we utilize smileys in emails very frequently. It's an easy way to unwind the topic or briefing. It makes communication simpler! I have the Nokia E52 for last 1 month. Earlier than it I had the 6230i for frequent years. Up to now there are 2 foremost characteristics the 6230i has and E52 not:
    1. 1. Envisaged smiley support and
    2. 2. Photo camera sound could be disabled

And the 6230i was as well called business phone.

When smiling is just displayed as characters, may be that the carriage return is only among the emoticons. That's tougher to recognize. People like the display. We're utilized to a round face. All application, all email clients is compatible with emoticons. The eyes can read faster when SMS is a symbol of the texts instead of characters. When Nokia takes the view that users do not like smileys, then the default for display is disabled. And the setting can be activated. That would be fine.

I determined not to make a new one, and that is accurately what I need to write. For those who necessitate smileys / emoticons / anything you call it: You utilize disputes that are fun emoticons, etc. Some even say that the lack of them the strength to alter the phone model. That's absurd. It is as if the decision not to buy a particular brand of car, because the meters or the horn does not fit exactly to your liking. I cannot express how stupid that thinking is.