Thread: How to Hard reset hp touchpad

How to Hard reset hp touchpad

I had bought the hp touchpad few days back and now I was having some problem with it so now I had decide to do the hard reset but I’m not getting to how to do this for this I had search on net but I dint get the things done the only things I has get is normal reset which reset the touchpad to factory setting. So can anyone suggest me to how to do this as I’m bit confused. Thanks in advanced.

Re: How to Hard reset hp touchpad

For this just go to setting and from the tab just go to system information and form there you will get the option for reset. You can even do the secure erase which hardly take an hour but it will going to erase back to stock product and it will also going to overwrite the flash but I think it will going to erase the protocol too that’s what I have readed. As it just rewrites the random bits to the memory. Hope this help you out.

HP seems to be taking an approach by launching a Touchpad with known bugs fixed and I’m sure it will going to be launch in few weeks. Well I think no product is perfect. Well I think you must search for the product before purchasing the products else it will just waste of money. You must wait for the webos update rather than doing the hard reset as it won’t fix the problem if the issue persist with the firmware as hard rest will only going to reset the device but not the firmware.

Well I had tried doing the hard reset but was struck with the power button hold pop up which is of fixed sized and for that I need to use the cancel button and I was not able to close the pop up without closing the restart option. Well if the problem still persists then you must contact to the hp technical support with the help of live chat program which is already there in your device and I’m sure they will going to guide you to how to do that.

For this just click on start and then just go to control panel and then open touch sensitive and after that just click on device setting and that will going to take you to the setting page which is used for setting the touch pad and form there just click on reset device and this will going to reset the setting on your touch pad back to the original. Hope this help you a lot to get rid from your problem and if the problem still persist then you must contact to the hp technical support.

Well even I was also searching to reset and I had tried removing the xf86-input-synaptic with the help of rnsc and even with removing all the synaptiks or even with the gpointing. Well you can even try resetting touchpad config but fro there you need to reinstall the drivers. Resetting touchpad config you will be going to get the file name as 10-synaptics.conf which contain the synaptic configuration. Hope this information helps you a lot.