Thread: How to use the Motorola droid's memory card with the Motorola droid 3 ?

How to use the Motorola droid's memory card with the Motorola droid 3 ?

I own a two mobile phone from the Motorola only that’s the droid and the new one droid 3, but the thing that makes me annoy is like we can’t use the memory card came with droid to droid 3, don’t know why, or maybe I might be wrong, I hope I am wrong, and if suppose we can use the card, them I would like to know how to use it, because whenever I put the card in the phone it doesn’t recognize the card and it seems that I need to buy the new card for sure. So any suggestion for this?

Re: How to use the Motorola droid's memory card with the Motorola droid 3 ?

Have you ever formatted the card through the PC? If not then I would suggest you that before using it with the droid 3 you should at least format the card with the help of PC and then try to insert it in the mobile, because it’s always depends upon the type of the card and the slots that it requires after that whichever phone will be able t recognize the card, otherwise make sure that the card slot and the compatibility with the droid 3.

Yeah I have the same opinion as the above user, but would recommend you that if the the droid 3 has the slot but still not detecting the card you should try to format the card with the help of mobile itself, because sometime it happens as because of the dissimilar file system it won’t recognize the card, so if you format the card with the mobile it can easily made the files system according to the mobile.

I think though you have the port in the phone, but I have heard that you can’t use the card with droid 3 because of the operating system that it uses. I am not sure as I have already mentioned that I have heard that, but you can have option to contact the Motorola service center for this, and still if you are having the problem with the card you can try the latest update of the firmware with your mobile. And then see whether it is able to recognize it or not, if you didn’t get it worked, then with no other option you need to buy another card.

I have tried all the things that you have mentioned, but no luck I would say the card is not able to recognize. So I think I need to buy the card for sure, but for that also, I am not getting which one should I buy as there are multiple types of cards available in the market, with the distinct capabilities, as some of them have good speed whereas some of them have smoother interface, so according to you guys which one should be better, and most importantly from where should I get that card? Anyways thanks for about suggestion.

Yeah you are right as there are multiple types of card that you can go through but as far as I know you should get the class 6 card for your phone as the card has too much good features as it would be compatible with your mobile, and off course it has a very good transfer speed through which you can transfer the content with 20 MB p/s and may be more than that, and if you concern about the brand there are Kingston then the SanDisk.