Thread: What is size of RAM in Nokia E7?

What is size of RAM in Nokia E7?

I know that you may consider this as a noob question but I really need need answer for this. I am having the Nokia E7 which is with the 16 G memory and there is also a C memory that is of the 400 plus MB. I have heard that the multitasking need the enough memory for that and I think that they are considering RAM from the free memory. So can you tell me that where and what is the size of the RAM in E7? Is that shared along with C memory? Please help me to get it understand.

Re: What is size of RAM in Nokia E7?

Yes, that is true that if you are having enough free RAM in your phone then after boot up like 140-150MB then you will get better experience of the multitasking. Other than this I would like to tell you that the RAM is not shared with the C:. In your Nokia E7, You are having 256MB RAM separate other than the C: disk space which is only used for loading the application. As you are having 256 MB of space in that then more applications can be loaded at the same time and as a result of this you will get better multitasking.

If you want to see actually how many drives are there in your Nokia E7 then you can just search and download the software Xplore Symbian and install that on your phone. When you install that then you will see that there are actually 4 drives in your phone. With the help of this software you will also be able to do the other things like hide, unhide, send, copy, delete, move and more. So, one should have this software to have better access of the memory of the phone.

I would like to tell you that within any of the phones with any mobile operating system, you are not going to get the complete RAM memory that will be able to run the application like part of ram. Some of the RAM is always consumed by the system processes and this is very common to the symbian3. When you start the phone then you will get around 150 MB of RAM. You can see the memory with the help of any memory management software for your phone.

There is one software as DeviceInfo that can be used to view the available memory with the detail. I am using the same in my phone and found that this is very helpful. So I am recommending you the same and hope that it will be helpful to you. So simply search for that on google and download that on your phone. I am quite sure that you will get that very easily if you search for this. Wish you good luck!!!

As per the specs sheet, the E7 will have 256MB of RAM? The N97 immediately strikes a chord when taking up conversation about Symbian and RAM. Thinking about how the absence of RAM played an imposing part in the calamity that was the N97, its fully understandable why those fascinated by the E7 could be concerned about RAM, we could be as well. The N97 had what appeared like enough for the undertaking, 128MB to be correct. In any case by the time the OS was finished booting and you opened your Nokia Messaging and a few applications, you could at present be hazardously near 15MB of RAM! Anymore open applications and they could begin to shut every single by themselve.

Fortunately things are searching much brighter for the E7, stated to be discharged in Q4. In the first place of all it has 256MB of RAM, this is 128MB something greater than the N97, which positively is a great begin. Contrasted with different up to date smartphones similar to the Nexus One and EVO 4G with their 512MB of RAM it doesn’t appear almost enough. At the same time regard this: the present multi-tasking lord, the N900 has “just” 256MB of physical RAM, part of what's good to go on these alternate mechanisms. Yet it still devises a workable plan to do some grim work in light of a slick small emphasize, which it now shares to the E7.