Thread: Nokia E6 is missing notification light

Nokia E6 is missing notification light

I have set the Breathing light to on and Notificat.light is put as ‘1h’ and selected for the ‘Missed call’ as well as ‘New message’. Can you tell me that where should be the notification light on the Phone? Is it the Center button or somewhere else? Whenever I get any message or any miscall then it do not show me any light notification from the phone. Is it a bug or it is made in that way? Please reply for this.

re: Nokia E6 is missing notification light

I am having the Nokia E5. And the notification light is coming from the center button as you have also mentioned that. Whenever I miss any call or get any SMS then the center button light starts blinking in the interval of 1 second. As the Nokia E6 is the enhanced version of the E5 so I am sure that it should be in the same way. If you are not getting that to work then just contact the Nokia and they will tell you that how can you get out of this issue. I hope that this will be helpful to you.

Have you did any changes to the settings, if that is the case then this can be the reason for this. If you remember that setting that changes it accordingly and if you don’t remember that setting then you can just reset the settings to its default value and that will resolve the problem for you. If you want to do that then go to the settings and select the option for the “Restore Factory Settings” and if this ask you for the password then enter that as “12345”. After that it will continue to the restore process. Once it is completed then the phone will restart and you will get all the settings back to its default value.

You can go to the user guide manual and see for that. You will definitely get the settings to do that. There is a simple setting that you can do to turn this on. If you want to do that then you can just go to the Menu > Settings and Phone > Notification lights > Notification light. Turn that on and after that whenever there will be some notification in your phone then it will show you the notification light from the center button.

I have tried to turn this on from the Menu > Settings and Phone > Notification lights > Notification light but that do not helped me. Now I am thinking to do the “Factory reset” as suggested above but I am having doubt that if this will erase my data from my phone. I have heard that doing the reset also removes the data from the computer along with the changes made t it. So I would just like to verify this before taking the Factory Reset to action.

No it will not erase any of the data from your computer. “Factory Reset” is also known as the “Soft Reset” and that will just change the settings to the default. The other reset known as the hard reset will remove all the data from your phone along with the changes to the settings. You are doing the Soft reset so there is no chance that this will do any such thing with your phone. You should not worry and just go with this.

Re: Nokia E6 is missing notification light

The notice light works but it works toward getting buried profound within the D-cushion, and cannot be observed effectively unless you are in a dull room. Nokia ought to have utilized BLUE illuminated for keypad rather than plain white, which could have tackled this situation effortlessly. In addition for the Silver shade telephone / keypad, the present plain white illuminated is absolutely inadequate. This is the explanation that I am able to think about as you are getting this situation.