Thread: Unable to download nokia C6 updates

Unable to download nokia C6 updates

I am using nokia C6 mobile phone which I have bought before one month and my mobile phone was working perfectly. Now before few days when I have connected my nokia c6 with my computer at that time my nokia OVI suite in my computer was showing me notification that there is updates available for my nokia C6 mobile phone and after that when I click on the download at that time It shows download fail. I don’t know what to do with this issue. Please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: Unable to download nokia C6 updates

As you have said that your OVI suite is showing you the updates are available for your mobile but when you try to download the update at that time it gets failed then I think your firewall is blocking the connection with internet at the time of downloading the updated and that is why I will suggest you to first you have to disable the firewall and after that try to download the updates and after that it will allow you to download the updates and install it in your Nokia C6.

Did you tried to update your Nokia C6 over the air from your nokia C6 mobile phone? If you have not tried yet then I will recommend you to first try to update your mobile by using your mobile software update application and after that check whether you are facing any problem or not. I think you will be able to update your mobile phone by using the phone software update. If you find any difficulty after that then let me know.

If you don’t know how to update your Nokia C6 mobile phone by using software update then I will help you with that. Fist you have to open the mobile menu and after that you have to select the applications option, now after that you have to select tools option and in the tools option you will find the software update option. You have to make sure that your battery is fully charged while updating the mobile to avoid the interruptions.

According to me you should try to connect your mobile with other computer or laptop and after that check whether you are able to update that your Nokia C6 mobile from that computer or not. If you are able to update the mobile phone from other laptop or computer then I think there might be something with your computer setting or OVI suite and if you get the same problem after that also then there might be something wrong with the phone.

I have downloaded updated version of the OVI suite in my system and after downloading the updated version of the OVI suite I have install it in my system. Now after installing it in my system when I have try to update my phone at that time it worked fine and now I am not facing any issues with it. Your given ideas really helped to me to successfully update my mobile phone.

even im facing same problem, im not able to download anything. I tried updating software but im nt able to even update software. Seems some internet connection problem is not properly working and sometime it give error like - java script error. Pls help

Have you tried out the method that has been mentioned by farrah in the above post??? and what you mean by "Seems some internet connection problem is not properly working"