Thread: Hogging of internet connection in Nintendo Wii

Hogging of internet connection in Nintendo Wii

A week ago I have configure my Nintendo Wii console to the internet. After this configuration I have observed that I am getting some issues regarding the internet application on my computer. The skype is acting strange. The only way I can make it work again by rebooting the router. Sometimes it rejects to load large webpages. Is it the issue of the Bandwidth? How much needed for Nintendo wii. Currently I have 2MBPS like. I have connected to my PC to router via Ethernet and the Wii with Wifi connection. There was nothing to say about the Wii. It works perfectly. But seems to me that the Wii is capturing more bandwidth.

Re: Hogging of internet connection in Nintendo Wii

Ensure you are utilizing an Internet connection, broadband similar to cable otherwise DSL. And with slower connections otherwise telephone connection by the use of "dial-up" will not work correctly with the Wii console. If you are not certain what kind of connection you encompass just ask the ISP. It is extremely probable that your ISP is not well-matched by the Wii console. Furthermore it is possible that your access point (router cable modem broadband) have certain firewall settings that are avoiding a flourishing connection.

With the Wii you must first enter the correct information of your WiFi connection. Your wireless is encrypted. Not all encryption is compatible with the Wii, then change the encryption to be compatible with the Wii is. So the Wii is the access point, you have to turn on the WLAN MAC filtering. MAC filtering prevents namely, that other computers, devices, etc. can use your WLAN to the Internet. If MAC filtering is off, you can then use your Wii again looking for a connection. The Wii will hopefully show you now that she has found a connection. You can see on your computer now with the mac filtering (provided a link between WiFi and Wii has taken place) the data of the Wii and then you can allow the wii to your wireless connection and turn on the mac filtering again.

TRY to make an update to the Wii console (the Wii system menu and go select the options at the end of the update). If the console is drinking much bandwidth then either there is something wrong with the console or connection. Make sure that you are using as the encryption of the WLAN WPA (not WPA2). Check once again if you entered the correct key. Look at your router to see if it allows new wireless devices, or whether MAC filtering is turned on.

So I myself have been testing the Internet browser only for a colleague, but it works quite well. The Opera browser you get so at no cost and with the Wii, it costs a little something but it can be quite easily surf. Can purely on Internet pages and zoom out and scroll in the X and Y axis. The speed of course depends on your Internet connection. The sides are as far as I could see the displayed error. Flash works fine but I have not looked at any Java site.

You do not need to install software on the PCs that you want to control and manage bandwidth. Users of that PC brands none of the bandwidth management (except that it slowly or not at all will, depending on what they do). For each rule you created, you retrieve detailed statistics so you can control the effect of each review so it can adjust if necessary. If you want to create order in the bandwidth usage within your network, Bandwidth Manager SoftPerfect certainly a very interesting product. You can manage the bandwidth it completely transparent and it works indeed. Bandwidth Manager costs $ 99, but there is a simpler version Lite for home that costs $ 35. A trial version of the program is available.

The bandwidth varies with the type of media, besides the LAN and WAN technologies used. The underlying physics of some media differences. The signals are transmitted through copper wire pair braided coaxial cables, fiber optics, and through the air. The physical differences in the ways in which signals are transmitted are generated by fundamental limitations in the ability of a given medium to transport information. However, the true bandwidth of a network is determined by a combination of physical media and technologies selected for signaling and detecting network signals.