Thread: Htc Sensation battery consumption after update

Htc Sensation battery consumption after update

Did anyone notice a change in battery consumption after the over the air update? Before the upgrade I was getting 97 percent after about 3 hours waiting on the phone - hardly good for anything, no WiFi. Now is that 94 percent with the same use, apart from three photos taken, it could be I'm too hard about it. But I wanted to see if anyone noticed no matter which. I also forget to reveal that I added the "mail" widget to the home screen might be the possessor of power?

Re: Htc Sensation battery consumption after update

I be acquainted with what I know I'm exaggerating. I'm just flattering insane as soon as it comes to battery life for a number of reasons. Estimate it's still the HD2's influence .It shouldn't bother me that much as it is. I have a charger in my car plus I'm approximately by no means gone more than 9 hours from home, which be supposed to be further than sufficient for the battery to previous. Call me crazy it immediately occupies my intelligence.

The strangest thing happened to me as soon as I updated my phone. I just checked the phone, turning on the screen as just an hour ago, battery was at 83 percent .now it is 9 percent in an hour. I just organizer the folder, delete folders, restart the phone, and unexpectedly received SMS messages I had received last night.

I realized that the "best performance Wi-Fi 'adds a solemn battery drain when enabled subsequent to installing the over the air, It was losing 8-9% of an hour compared with 3.4% proceeding to the update. Disabling this brought me back to 2-3% per hour. I have yet a enhanced technique of WiFi connectivity, compared with before the firmware update over the air with this off.

I have excavation loaded the nighttime before along with it I used it for internet, Angry Birds, waiting for my clients and a lot of text messages and about 10 minutes of calling. This morning is 60% and that after this. I noticed a full-size dissimilarity in view of the fact that the update and the phone is not as burning as the update is.

the recent past I let the phone download (1 day 10 hours - subsequent to the occurrence with the battery down 20 percent in 2 hours), I completely charged, twisted on the most recent night earlier than leaving to sleep, the phone has been approximately from last night 14hours today - went to 97 percent! This is astonishing! I'm departing to consume all over again a multiple of times and completely another time.

Personally I think the process of identifying the lighting and adaptation, does not take much effort from the processor, and based on my phone .one of the best options we have in our phones and I love it when I leave the sun is going to increase the brightness in a millisecond. Previous post type that is receiving 10 hours of use is a problem I do not think it has something to do with the brightness of the screen unless he keeps the screen on all the time.

I performed the update this morning; later, when I went for lunch, my battery was around 50%; during lunch I made no calls, no surfing, no games; I may have checked the weather via the HTC weather widget, but otherwise I made no use of the phone. When I returned to my desk following lunch, the phone gave a warning beep and the battery indicator was in the red, with a low battery warning; I hopes this is not a result of the update. I expected the update to improve the lagging battery performance, not make it worse. Have others had similar experiences?

Hi

First of all can you please tell us whether you have followed/done all the necessary settings that are required to extend the battery life of HTC Sensation given below:

1. When not in use, always disable your phone’s Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPRS. If the phone is not in use, set the battery power to the minimum level.
    2. Set the backlight setting to its minimum.
    3. Always charge the phone using the power adapter since charging through USB uses low voltage.
    4. Try uninstalling 3rd party software. Since it is not tested by HTC, there is a risk in impacting your phone’s performance, including battery life.
    5. Please check if there are any applications running in the background. Please press MENU from the home screen > Settings > Applications > Running services. You will find all the running applications on this screen and you have an option to stop them by tapping on a running application.
    6. You may also check the signal strength in your area. Whenever it gets unstable, the phone will keep searching for a stronger signal. This may also shorten battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by pugsly View Post
    Hi

First of all can you please tell us whether you have followed/done all the necessary settings that are required to extend the battery life of HTC Sensation given below: ...
    Thanks for your suggestions, the gist of which I'm familiar with.

Unfortunately I find these kind of suggestions akin to telling us that order to extend the battery life we should turn the phone off and put it back in the box and store it in our closet. I buy a full featured device, with a great screen, only to be told that it's required to turn the backlight down to minimum?!

I bought the phone because of it's great features. Of course, functions like bluetooth which I only use intermittently remain off; however I'm constantly in and out of wifi spaces, I use gps, and I like the screen. I bought the phone to use, not to nurse like a warm beer or vintage car.

I like my Sensation, however the fact is I cannot get through the day without charging. And I am not a heavy user. Case in point: last night approx. 8PM after charging my phone's battery was 100%; I was home and did not make any notable use of the phone, perhaps check the weather; 7:30AM in the morning my alarm goes off and the battery indicator is down about 50% but green. Read few email in the morning before my shower, less than 10 minutes, now it was 8AM and the battery indicator was orange; checked email, forwarded one message, and checked a news website in the taxi to the office, 5-7 minutes tops, and by the time I arrived the battery was in the red. On a typical day I spend less than 10 minutes, 15 tops, actually speaking on the phone. The fact is it's a great device, but the battery life is lacking. The update did not seem to help this. Hopefully HTC will address this.