Thread: How to check the model number of HP Pavilion dv9500us Notebook?

How to check the model number of HP Pavilion dv9500us Notebook?

I’m having the hp pavilion dv9500us notebook and I had recently formatted my system and was searching for the software and drivers to download on it. Well for this I had visited to the hp website and that website offer me 5 sub model of the hp pavilion notebook but I don’t know how to identify the models to download the drivers and I was not able to install the online hp support tool. Please help me regarding this thanks in advanced.

Re: How to check the model number of HP Pavilion dv9500us Notebook?

Well for this you may need a product number that you will going to get at the bottom of your notebook and that product number you enter in the hp site and I’m sure you will get the best option for it to download and if you still not getting it then just go to device manager and from there just right click on any of the hardware click on properties and from there you select the option for updating the drivers from there you will surely going to get the updated drivers for your system.

I think searching with the help of product number would be the best way to get the proper software and drivers for your system and if you’re not getting the product number then just hold the function key and then press the esc key and you will get the small pop up window which will going to provide you with your product number and this is also important for you when you call the hp technical support as they will first ask for the product number before assisting you.

Well I had tried getting the product number my pressing the function key and esc key but I dint get anything. Well the best way to get it is the product number is by going to start and in run just type system information and under the system information just look for the system model. If you are not getting the drivers from hp site then you can even get it from the nvidia and it will surely going to get the best updated drivers.

Well I had located the drivers from the HP Software and Driver Download site and there I had noticed that few drivers are older than the drivers which have being installed on my system. Well I had seen the drivers for Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and the site only provide one drivers which is older. I had even tried to search it with the generic model number it gives me few list of dv9500us series. I had even search with the help of system information and there I got only generic product number.

You must check the tag which had being attached at the bottom of the laptop and in that tag you will going to get the model number at the section one if it is not a CTO model. If it is an CTO model then you need a p/n which is in the section two which will help you to determine the model number you are having. Well you can even download the hp tool which identifies the computer which you are having and is it a CTO machine or no.