Thread: HP Desktop a6720y Fan is running too fast with overloaded system

HP Desktop a6720y Fan is running too fast with overloaded system

I am having HP Desktop a6720y and I’m using it from past 1 years and it’s still under warranty. My problem is whenever the computer usage increased the fan started running at its high speed and some time makes sound too. Is it due to over heating or there is a problem in the CPU. I’m new too it so can anyone suggest me to how to get rid from this problem. I will be thankful to the person who ever help me out to get rid from this problem.

Re: HP Desktop a6720y Fan is running too fast with overloaded system

I think it’s due to overloading just make a check for the CPU load when the fan is running at the full speed as there might be the problem due to some application which is causing the cpu to run at 100 percent usage and if the load is low then there might be the problem with the sensor or even the temperature diode and even there might be the problem with the bios. Getting the latest update of bios may fix your problem.

Even I persist with the same problem and I had open the task manager to check the performance of the cpu and everything was working fine when suddenly the antivirus program started scanning my system and then I had noticed that the cpu usage had reached to 100 percent but I don’t think there is the problem with the antivirus as it work smoothly. I think so there might be the problem with the fan as it usually makes loud noise.

Well I think this is the problem due to the antivirus which scans the system automatically. You can even try to set the antivirus scan only during the creation of new file and just disable the auto scan and you can keep the full system scan fro once in a week and don’t try to update the bios as its really an Ricky task and it may corrupt the bios and if you want to update the bios then you should contact to the hp technical support and let them do that job.

Regarding this issue I had spoke to the hp technical support and they said it might be due to the dust on the fan due to which fan is making noise and they were right when I had open the case there was lots of dust on the fan and its started working normally after cleaning it after that I was getting the problem of overheating and I thought it might be due to updating of bios but it was due to overloading of cpu as I had set the hp advisor software update to automatically which usually scan for the update and lead the usage to 100 percent.

Even I was having the same problem after updating the bios of HP Pavilion a6720y. I had not even changed anything besides updating the bios and after that my fan started running at high speed for about 5 minutes and then goes back to normal it frequently started running at high speed. Well I had read that it’s a risky task to update the bios I think so I’m having the problem due to updating the drivers. hope this information help you a lot.