Thread: System Recovery halted at "Software Installation" pop up in Compaq laptop

System Recovery halted at "Software Installation" pop up in Compaq laptop

I have been using Compaq Presario CQ60-218EM laptop which is using Windows Vista Home Basic Operating System in it. Yesterday while starting my laptop, I received a pop up which asked for System recovery. But then I cancelled the following and tried to start my system. But everytime o got stuck on a black screen. This happened like many times, so I restarted my system and went to the Recovery Manager by pressing the F11 function key at the time of startup. But after doing this, the system would switch off, restart and show a new pop up of “Software installation”. What to do now? Please help me to solve the issue.

Re: System Recovery halted at "Software Installation" pop up in Compaq laptop

Every HP laptop and desktop machines comes along with its built-in Bios testers for the RAM and HDD's installed in the system. You need to press the F10 function key when you are starting up your system inorder to enter the following settings for your particular device. You will find the following options under the diagnostics menu. I assume the issue might be with the hard disk. The issue might also occur if there is an issue with the BIOS settings of your laptop.

The issue might also occur if there is an issue with the Hard disk of your Compaq Presario CQ60-218EM laptop. You should most probably start your Windows Vista running laptop in Safe Mode and then start the Windows. Once you have started the Windows, go to the Start menu and type cmd in the search field. Once the command prompt starts, type chkdsk to perform disk checking. Checking the hard disk will probably take long time, so just keep some patience while the process continues and let it complete itself. On completion you will come to know what is the actual problem and where.

Thank you, guys for replying. I appreciate your concern. I followed the steps as mentioned by you guys, but unfortunately nothing seems to be working for me. I performed the mem-check as well as chkdsk but nothing was detected. I crossed checked the BIOS settings of my laptop, but nothing seems to be unusual with it. Can anyone tell me what is the issue with my HP laptop? Please guys, help me in finding the problem and give me a good working solution to get rid of the issue.

You should most probably make sure that you have installed all the drivers necessary for your HP laptop. Remember to install the latest available drivers for your laptop, and if you find that the installed drivers are not updated then make sure that you are updating them. You can visit the official website of HP Compaq and download all the necessary drivers for your respective HP Compaq Presario CQ60-218EM laptop. Make sure that you are downloading the drivers for your Windows Vista Operating system only. You should also make sure that you have updated the BIOS of your laptop.

According to me you should use the Recovery DVD which came along with the recovery DVDs Compaq Presario CQ60-218EM laptop when you had purchased the following laptop. If you are unable to find the following Recovery DVD, then most probably you will have to visit the nearest Compaq or HP Care Centre and purchase the following Recovery CD for your laptop. Make sure that your are starting the Recovery process from scratches.

If I had got stuck in something like this, I would have decided to take help from somebody with much more technical knowledge in this issue rather than experimenting by myself and ending up stuck in more troubles. So, in my opinion you should visit the nearest HP Care Centre or any other store who are authorized dealers of HP Compaq laptops and computers and ask the tech staff present at the store to help you out in clearing the issue.