Thread: fn-B not working on Envy 14

fn-B not working on Envy 14

I have just purchased a new HP Envy 14 and I am having a problem with the fn key that most of the latest released laptop have this is the key stoke that is used to change the display ,and audio settings of the laptop , sometimes it is also used to set the brightness on the screen and volume , I was very happy that this was a feature that had been appeared in the Envy that I have purchased but , I am not been able to use it , I just don ‘t understand why , please help .

Re: fn-B not working on Envy 14

I am facing the same issue with my Hp Envy 17 laptop, pressing the Fn key just does not work for me , I just don ‘t understand why the company releases such products and features that are not working is that for the sake of attacking the customer and making huge profit out of us , well when ever , I press the fn key the beats file open up in the task manager that I was having , The more times I press the key the more beats files appear on the task manager ,this do not know what the problem is .

I would suggest you to use the fn key with the combination of the other keyword like b this would take you take you to the sound setting box ,just see if everything works fine there , so you could go to the sound in the control panel and then double click on the sound and the check on the control panel and then oyu can select the key that you want , you can choose any keyword between f4 to f14 , but yes that you be a tempera fix and won ‘t be a perm ant fix for this , I suggest you to contact the service center .

Well I have a solution for this go to the programs and then uninstall the wick launch SW boot there , and then just reboot to save the changes after restarting go to the recovery manager and then select the recovery manager and then select the sw re-installation , after that follow the same procedure to uninstall the Audio driver s that are there ( specifically the IDT codec driver )and then reboot and then again start your pc and then go to the recovery manager and then select the install the IDT audio codec and the reboot again , and this might just solve your problem , see if FN+ B works for you

Un-installing and the then re-installinting the Quick launch software that was there really worked for me , that are there I would further like to say that it worked for me , for some time and after that it again went back to same position as it was before , I think that would be more helpful for me to show this to the hp customer service center as my laptop is still under warantry and I do ‘t want it to lose the the fn btuttom by trying out all the things by myself .