Thread: How boot Windows 95 CD on Compaq Armada

How boot Windows 95 CD on Compaq Armada

I know that I am taking this thread to a some centuries (ages back ) but , I found my Father laptop in my garage which is not using it a Compaq armada , which was lying down in my garage since ages and it was Monday morning that I discovered it as my laptop was just stolen and I had to stay you this one as my punishment for losing it . however , it still works but there is not Os I the drive , as thelast time the os was installed in it was corrupted , so please help solve this problem about how to install DOS or windows 95 on this as XP is to latest for this one .

Re: How boot Windows 95 CD on Compaq Armada

That is really bad thing that happened with, I am sorry to say heard about your punishment, by hey, just got another one , thought it is quite old but ,that is the finest one that was available at that time , well I am more concerned about the programs you will be running in it as this quite old Windows Xp cannot be installed on this , and Other programs won ‘t work on this as this is the oldest one sytem that you are using so before you start trouble shooting I would like to tell you that if you are planning to run some latest programs ,then it won’t run on it .

Do you have the CD –rom in it, is that working, if yes, the the solution is simple for you just bring in or buy a DOS 95 (win 95) CD from your any retail shop and then put this in your drive and run your system this might result in the installation of the devices , And the rest of the question about the driver s that you need could be will solved by downloading them form the internet and then burning then on the CD and then install then on the Compaq armada that you are having .

That was really a though provoking thing that switchblade suggested me , but I just using my laptop to surf and downloading movies from internet that’s it , rest I am not using anything advanced from this laptop, I would further like to tell you that the CD –ROM is not working as a booting option while I have to boot this through the floppy drives ,that are there , I hope someone here can help me to how to boot through a floppy drive as I have no knowledge about the Windows 95.

Well , do you have the floppy ready , if yes then ggreat , if no then just download and write the boot drives from where ever you can , and then select the book disk that you have made and then follow the instruction that are there ,and then go to the A;/prompt and the type the following command as it is FDISK, this would delete all the existing partition and after that it would ask you to change the floopy disk change that and follow the installation procedure ,it simple as similar to Xp , but the only thing that matter here is that you need to change the floppy disk every now and then.

Thanks for the step by step instruction that you gave me use, m that was really helpful for me , but use the folly drives to both the drivers back was really very tedious job as the fluffy were so old that I need to insert then again and again so as to get them working again , thanks for all the replies that you gave me , thanks for that but know since I have booted back this would be a better solution for this , thanks for all the suggestion that you all gave me