Thread: Event 17 WHEA-Logger errors in hp elitebook 8540W

Event 17 WHEA-Logger errors in hp elitebook 8540W

I’m having an hp elite book 8540w and having a windows 7 64 bit installed in it and I’m having an NVIDIA QUADRO FX 1800M and 8GB ram installed in it. Well from past few days I’m facing the problem of hang up for about 30 seconds and only the mouse pointer work and nothing else. For this I had seen the event viewer and there is lots of event like Event 17, WHEA-Logger which shows a corrected hardware error. Can anyone fix this issue? Please suggest me.

Re: Event 17 WHEA-Logger errors in hp elitebook 8540W

Well for this you need to check the chipset of your elite book. Well to turn on the system in the safe mode and check whether it is hang in or no. I think there might be the problem of drivers and it can be fixing by installing the chipset driver from the Intel. Well just go to start and there type device and click on device manager form the search result and then expand the system device entry and just look for the chips set name from there you will came to know your chipset name.

Well I want to ask have you tried to update the graphics card river if not then you must do this with the help of CMD. run the cmd as an administrator and then in cmd just type sfc /scannow and then hot enter and if it doesn’t work for you then you just get the updated drivers from the net and make sure you uninstall the previously installed drivers in the safe mode and then install the drivers for it in the normal mode.

Well even I was having the same problem and I had updated my nvidia drivers which I had downloaded from the website. I had even checked the pc and its shows the system is healthy. I had even tried to with swapping the chipset driver and even the nvidia drivers but I think it’s not due to the chipset driver and even updating the nvidia drivers doesn’t help me out. After that I had tried to revert back the drivers to the previous version and I start getting different issue.