Thread: Unable to connect Hp pavilion p6130y to external monitor

Unable to connect Hp pavilion p6130y to external monitor

Hi, I own a HDTV and I was trying to connect my HP pavilion to it, but as I done that I wasn’t able to connect it, I have perfectly attached all the cables to the TV and on other hand on the laptop as well. And I have search on the internet for this problem, but didn’t got the proper solution as it seems that the problems are always due to operating system, thus It would be better that I specify the operating system, I am using windows 7 in my machine. thanks for any suggestion.

Re: Unable to connect Hp pavilion p6130y to external monitor

See while connecting a monitor or the HDTV with any such device you need to have a proper cables and the devices such as power adapter, so check that first that you have all the equipments, after that connect all them together and if the problem persist you need to check whether all are working perfectly or not, because the major problems occurs because of the adapter only, so check whether the adapter is working perfectly or not.

As the above user mentioned the problem occurs because of the adapter only, but it you need to consider the cable as well. Because though you need a HDMI cable only, but there are too many kind of cable in the market, particularly categorized according to the device to which you want to connect. So make sure that you have perfect cable that you are using, but if suppose you still persist the same problem, you need to purchase another cable, but before that you can try with another one and then only purchase it.

You should see whether your graphic card have the capability to connect to the external monitor, and off course you should check its driver as well, because that is also as essential as the hardware parts used to connect to the TV, if you are using very older driver so you need to install the latest driver in your machine for sure. And according to the GPU you can download its latest driver from their respective websites.

There might be some problem in the HDTV as well, because as the above user mentioned is the enough occurrence that can causes error while connecting, but even though you try all the above mentioned things you must have to look at your TV as well, and for that you should try to connect the HP pavilion to another TV and see whether it is working or not, if not then this is the surely problem in the TV only, either you need to check the settings for connecting the device in the TV or in the laptop.

It seems that you don’t know actually how to connect the laptop to the HDTV, so I would like to tell you the steps that you can follow to connect the TV, you must have to select the appropriate cable to connect with the machine.

1. So first of all connect the TV to the laptop by the cable you have preferred.

2. And then only connect the TV power cord to the outlet and switch it on.

3. Modify the TV video input basis to equivalent video source connection from the computer such as Line-1 or Video-1 and HDMI, etc. you can have option to go through the manual that came along with the TV for further assistance.

4. Turn on the computer.