Thread: Cannot get audio after disconnecting HDMI cable form HP DV7

Cannot get audio after disconnecting HDMI cable form HP DV7

I am using HP DV7 laptop in which I am using windows vista and my laptop was working absolutely fine. Now before some days I have purchased LG LCD TV. Now whenever I connect my laptop with my LG LCD TV through HDMI and after watching the movie when I disconnect the laptop after that I am not able to get sound from my laptop speaker. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

Re: Cannot get audio after disconnecting HDMI cable form HP DV7

Well after looking At your above post I would like to suggest you that whenever you disconnect the HDMI cable from your laptop at that time you have to check whether sound does not get mute. Some time sound gets mute automatically when we disconnect any headphone or HDMI cable from our laptop. According to me you have to first check this thing and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. Hopefully your problem will get solved.

I have tried your above given solution. When I disconnect my HDMI cable from my laptop and after that when I check about sound mute in my laptop at that time I don’t see sound mute in my laptop. if I mute the sound and unmute again at that time also I get the same problem with my laptop. Now after doing that I have also tried headphone jack with my laptop and at that time I get the sound from my headphone jack properly. Now please tell me what I should do to get rid of this issue.

I think you can solve this sound problem in your HP DV7 laptop by doing these following steps. First you have to remove the sound drivers from your HP DV7 laptop and after that you have to run Ccleaner In your laptop. now after running the Ccleaner you have to restart your HP DV7 laptop and then you have to insert the driver CD in your laptop CD ROM. Now after that you have to install the sound driver again in your laptop. After installing the sound driver in your laptop you will get sound after disconnecting the HDMI cable from your laptop.

Thank you friends for giving me all the information and after reading your post I have uninstalled the drivers from my HP DV7 and after that I have run Ccleaner in my laptop. Now after running the Ccleaner in my HP DV7 laptop. Now after that I have restart the laptop and then I have installed the drivers in my laptop and after doing that I am not facing any issues. Now I am getting the sound after removing the HDMI cable from laptop.