Thread: Unable to use Synaptic Touchpad driver on Windows 7 64bit on HP G42 Notebook

Unable to use Synaptic Touchpad driver on Windows 7 64bit on HP G42 Notebook

Hello friends I am using HP G42 Notebook and my laptop was working fine. Now before few days I have installed windows 7 in my laptop and after installing the windows 7 when I tried to use my laptop at that time all the things worked fine but except my touchpad. Now after that I have installed drivers in my laptop at that time I am not able to install the drivers at that time it was showing me error and I am not able to install the drivers please tell me what should I do to solve this issue.

re: Unable to use Synaptic Touchpad driver on Windows 7 64bit on HP G42 Notebook

First of all you have to start the laptop in safe mode and after that you have to insert the CD in your laptop and after that try to install the Synaptic Touchpad driver in your laptop and the check whether you are able to install the drivers successfully or not. I think from safe mode you will be able to install the divers successfully. If you find any difficulty after that then please let me know.

re: Unable to use Synaptic Touchpad driver on Windows 7 64bit on HP G42 Notebook

Well after looking at your posy I would like to know first that when you try to install the drivers in your laptop at that time what error message you get and is that error message says any missing file? First give me detailed information about that error message so I can give you solution according to that. You should also try to solve this issue by running the driver cleaner in your laptop and after that trying to install the drivers. Try this trick it might be helpful to you.

When I insert the Driver CD in my laptop and after that when I try to install the driver at that time it shows me the message saying you have to run the 64-bit version of dpinst.exe on this machine. I have also tried to solve this problem by trying to install the drivers from safe mode but after from safe mode also I am getting the same message. I have run driver cleaner also in my laptop and after that when I try to install the driver at that time also I get the same message.

The error message which you are getting is because of the driver which you are trying to install is not compatible with your operating system and if you want to solve this issue then you have to install the windows 7 64-bit supported drivers in your laptop and after installing that driver in your laptop you will be able to use Touchpad in your laptop. Hopefully your problem will get solved after trying this solution and you will be able touch pad in your laptop.

If you don’t know from where to download the windows 7 supported drivers in your HP G42 Notebook then I will help you with this. First you have to click on this DOWNLOAD DRIVERS. now after you click in this you will see the option to select the operating system. Now you have to select Windows 7 64-bit from drop down list and after that you have to download the Synaptic Touch pad Driver in your laptop and after that you have to install it in your laptop. now after doing that your problem will get solved easily.

Well the download link which you have provided In your above post that I have tried and after clicking on that download link I have downloaded Synaptic Touchpad driver which supports in windows 7in my HP G42 Notebook. Now after downloading that Synaptic Touchpad driver I have installed it in my laptop and after installing that all the things are started working properly in my laptop. Thank you so much for helping me and providing me that download link.