Thread: What you want 756meg RAM or Dual Core in your Motorola droid bionic phone?

What you want 756meg RAM or Dual Core in your Motorola droid bionic phone?

There are rumor that Motorola droid bionic will have a number of troubles too. But all that was hashed
    1. What would you like to have in your next phone - 756meg RAM or Dual Core?
    2. Is the inadequate RAM of anxiety to you with bionics?

My sentiment, to be truthful, is that in two years, RAM can be a superior difficulty than the processor speed. As long as it is speedy sufficient for video, at least you can use the phone. But the exits deficient in RAM seems to lead to accident and delays on all type of mobile devices and desktops, and it would be very exasperating. In fact, in my PC, adding RAM is usually the most significant update. Probably not a problem in the short term for phones, but over the next two or three years, as applications are memory hogs even more, I suspect the RAM can be the limiting factor.

Re: What you want 756meg RAM or Dual Core in your Motorola droid bionic phone?

Speaking as an old guru Linux / UNIX (but not all that to Smartphone technology), the amount of RAM is often the most important factor in system performance. Other thing matter, of course, and to what extent depends on what you're doing with the system, but has always been the case with UNIX and Linux that more RAM is always a good thing. That said, I wonder to what extent the same applies these phones. I'll be changing the beam BlackBerry, Bionic Droid, or the new Samsung 4G (Verizon). I'm not sure I want to go.

Well, since the main problem with my D1 was the amount of RAM (256 MB), I will say that more RAM will probably be better in the long term. Dual core will not do anything until it is applications that take advantage of it. I'm willing to bet that at the moment there are applications that are multithreaded and really benefit from it, the amount of RAM occupied will end up being too much for the phones with "only" 512MiB. Now, of course, Android is good about the cleanliness of the applications used as memory .so you will probably experience a decent performance, but redraws / pop when changing applications. But in any case, I have a HTC Thunderbolt with a one-year contract for any of these potential problems bother me. I'll get a new phone early next year which is dual / quad core with + 1GiB of DDR2 RAM.

If the data is presented on the device to process the amount of ram will not be a problem. So I think the most important factor is the speed of the company collects data on the device. Here I think winning the Big Red. So, at what speed will transfer data to the device to overflow the device's RAM? I do not know. I'd rather have a faster delivery of data to the device and the concern about the management of ram then have slowed the delivery of data to the device, and knowing that my ram will not be added.

Seeing how the programs and can fly in the table of Xoom (same processor, double the memory and the latest operating system), still other than two times the screen display I encompass enormous prospect for Motorola droid bionics. by means of the aim of supposed together are possible to bog down when also a lot of software are loaded into memory (the Xoom even with twice the memory.) But fixing reboot. Worst case, you must restart the phone periodically. That said, the burden of some of those games TegraHD dedicated, and they are quite impressive.

I think this is revealing in several respects. First, the newest operating system, I think it gives an idea of how the memory management and multi-core CPU management can be performed. I imagine that honeycomb is just scratching the surface, although the potential. But either way, I think is a good indicator. Second, the downside is that I think the "garbage" must be improved. As the state with many applications loaded jams the device, but a reboot fixes it. That's usually the fault of the operating system does not release the memory space of applications that you no longer need. In general, however, I think the Xoom (and the Atrix) can be a good indication of what the Motorola Droid Bionic is.

A little, yes. In theory, the faster the processor, the faster you need to page data in and out of RAM. And then the faster RAM, the better the overall performance is. The key here is really how well the operating system manages this process, which is a very complicated process to manage and schedule the processes in individual CPU cores, the allocation / deallocation of memory for each process, etc. If used correctly, may be a significant increase in the ratio of performance to single-core devices that are coupled with DDR RAM.

I read that, historically, Motorola devices have better battery life of HTC devices. Having dual-core CPU and DDR2 RAM should also help with battery life. And of course the battery much larger values in the Bionic also help. The trick is on the screen, as you may need more "juice" to power the highest resolution. However, it depends on what the Bionic technology. If you're like the Atrix, will be a screen PenTile, which is not much of a power drain, but it is actually inferior to LCD RGB. I, for one, hope it does not get a screen PenTile Bionic, including the possible impact on battery life.