Thread: Why shouldn’t we update Motorola Droid X to android 2.3.3?

Why shouldn’t we update Motorola Droid X to android 2.3.3?

The reason of this conversation is to give an honest look at some of the problems that can arise with the new Android 2.3.3 update. Since Google's named this as "gingerbread" version of Android, I will call to it simply as "GB 2.3.3" in the rest of my entries here. In addition, Android 2.2.1, the version we have been using so far is the "Froyo" version which I will refer to it as "Froyo 2.2.1." It was with great expectations that I went for the GB test 2.3.3. And I will not hide that I am very happy with what I found. In my opinion, takes away most of what you offer and try to force a server-based contact managing that has confirmed a disaster for me.

Re: Why shouldn’t we update Motorola Droid X to android 2.3.3?

I will refer to it often in the future. For a further extension or a discussion elsewhere, there must be an analysis of the server side (not local) storage and inconsistencies between what is stored and displayed in the 'customer's phone' and ' web-client and then how some of them build on Motorola and Google Apps use / see the data and how they handle or deal with these discrepancy in the data base management. A simple example is how the "voice command" in the hands-free dialing cut labels custom application numbers. If I call my friends phone calls a mobile element 1.

Clean seems to have helped the home screen transitions are croppy before and are now much softer. Thank you very much for your suggestion about deleting the cache of Android. That in general made my phone a lot smoother. Especially with home screen transitions. In addition, the browser appears to run much easier and quicker. I am using only the browser stock right now. After the update I noticed a serious delay in the performance of my browser and clear my cache Android now seems to have helped.

I can confirm that the numbers do not stick to the scoring of each application I've tried. Web browser, text messaging, email and a custom business phone / address directory of the application. Has not been determined whether this is a subject of gingerbread or a customization of Motorola's firmware problem. I have not encountered this particular issue in the bug tracker Android OS yet. As soon as I'm sure it's not there I will post a bug report. However, if the reports of several others have published, this is an issue Motorola / Droid X specific.

Also, I found the FM radio application, along with the other elements that have been reported, seems to have poorer reception Froyo. Motorola actually needs to put into practice an own bug tracker. I have not had problems with FM radio reception, but I'm in the metropolitan New York so that the signal is strong. I've been very happy with GB upgrade, but I have a big problem, the volume is reduced. I'm going back to Froyo moreover tonight or tomorrow. I need the phone more than any other feature GB adds.

A suggestion / request: Please highlight the battery problem which has very short life as red, because it is a very severe problem. Users experiencing this are considering their phones totally drained juice of 7-8 hours of little or no active use, which is completely unacceptable. I had the problem and was able to solve it through a factory reset and clean SD card, but I've seen messages from others who have not had much luck with the results of factory settings.

My main complaint is with regard to text messaging, as you told, the contact list is no longer accessible from the application of text messaging, but what is even worse. Write a letter in the "To" field brings the contacts that contain the letter, but you can only select one, then returns to the "to" box and you have to perform it over, even if the name of your subsequent receiver starts the identical letter! Another problem (bug) with him is this: If you customized the label describing the numbers of multiple-contact, the contact number that is all appears on that list, but everyone will say "custom" not have entered into a custom label.