Thread: Camera of Motorola Droid X is Freezing

Camera of Motorola Droid X is Freezing

My brother had got Android 2.2 – Froyo running Motorola Droid X. Recently the smartphone has started showing off many problem with it. When you open the camera application (app), the first thing you see in the viewfinder (or screen) is frozen (as if you took the photo and looks in the preview). But then nothing happens, this view is frozen there, none of the controls of the camera work, nothing. When I click on the back button, the camera application gets terminated. Same issue is happening when I start the camcorder for recording videos. In video mode only sound is recorded with a blank screen. Please help me solving the issue guys.

Re: Camera of Motorola Droid X is Freezing

I would recommend you to follow the following few steps inorder and check out whether they prove to be helpful in anyways to you or not.
    • Click on the main menu in the home screen
    • Click on Settings:
    • Now scroll down and look for applications option and click on it.
    • Go to camera and clear the data
    • Also make sure that you have cleared the cache

According to me the problem might occur because of using an older version of firmware of your Motorola Droid X mobile phone. You will be needing the Motorola PC Suite inorder to establish connection between the computer system and your Motorola Droid X smartphone. Once you have connected the devices, start internet connection of your computer and all the PC suite to search for any firmware update of the device and download the file to your system and install the downloaded update to your mobile phone.

The problem might also occur if you have got an earlier version of Operating System installed in you Motorola Droid X. So I would recommend you to visit the official website of Motorola and check out whether the mobile phone’s Android 2.2 Froyo has got any new update or not. If you find that new android update is available for your mobile phone, then I would suggest you to search for the same and get it installed in your mobile phone.

I followed the steps and suggestions mentioned in the above posts but unfortunately nothings sems to be solving the issue with my Motorola Droid X mobile phone. I updated the cellphone from Android 2.2 to Android 2.3- Gingerbread. After updating to gingerbread, I have been experiencing the issue more. This has been an irritating issue now. Sometimes the camera crashes so much that the mobile does a force restart. Please help me solving the issue guys.

As you have mentioned that the issue just started with your mobile phone’s camera, I would recommend you to check whether you are going through the issue when you are starting your mobile phone in safe mode or not. Once you have started your Motorola Droid X in safe mode, start your mobile phone’s camera and record or save the result you are getting. Send the following report. If you find that the problem got solved then the issue might have been occurring because of some third party app which you might have installed in your mobile phone. You need to find the following app and remove it from your phone and solve your issue.

The problem can be anything. It can be caused because of some issues with the software which is installed in your Motorola Droid X device or the issue might be with the hardware of your mobile phone. So first of all you need to find the real culprit behind the issue and then try to find a solution for the same. In order to find the real cause of the problem, you must take help from the support staff available at the Motorola store and ask them to find the real cause of the issue and then provide you with the necessary solution .

in case anyone is still looking for a solution on this, found in another forum that many people's problems were caused by a corrupted save video or photo file on their sd card. Once the corrupted files were removed, the camera worked fine.

Went the last 6 months without my phone camera working - tried removing the files, then it worked fine again