Thread: Firmware update for Motorola Defy got stuck at 99%.

Firmware update for Motorola Defy got stuck at 99%.

It’s being couple of weeks now that I have started using Motorola Defy. Recently I updated the Operating System of my Defy from Android 2.1 to Android 2.2 Froyo. At the time of updating the Os, I came across this particular problem. The update got stuck at 99%. I waited for the process to get over for more than an hour, but did not find anything changing. So, I disconnected the mobile phone from the USB. So I wanted to know what made the process to stop at 99% and what might be the issue behind this.

Re: Firmware update for Motorola Defy got stuck at 99%.

You should probably visit the official website of Motorola and see if it has announced the release of Android 2.2 Froyo for Motorola Droid users or not. Not sure about this, but you could have finished installing a hacked version of Froyo on your phone and that is why you are facing this kind of problem with the device. It is well known and told to people to install any update only if it is made available on the official website of that particular product.

Now, I am convinced that there could have been a problem occurred when trying to upgrade the current operating system in your Motorola Droid mobile phone. You may not have properly installed the update. The problem can also arise if the mobile phone had turned off in the middle of the upgrade or if you do not allow the device to complete the upgrade process. So in this case, I suggest you, installing the update again and make sure they do not face any problem now.

I strongly feel that you might have tried installing an incorrect Operating system update for your Motorola Droid. So I would recommend you to properly connect your Motorola droid cellphone to your computer system and the restart the update process. This time make sure that your Internet connection is working perfectly fine and also you are installing the updates from a trusted website. Check out whether the installation gets completed this time or not

Thank you for quick replies. I did as mentioned. First visited the official website of Motorola and Android and confirmed that new update for my Motorola Defy is available. Then I confirmed whether my system is having good Internet connection and once everything asked was done I tried to update the OS of my mobile phone but unlikely now the update process is unable to detect any Motorola Device connected to my system. On top that the screen has stuck on the bootleader . Help me now guys.!!

I assume that as the previous installation of the new update in your Motorola Droid mobile phone was not allowed to complete as you removed the USB cable before the mobile could have completed the 1005 of updating, I strongly feel that the mobile phone’s Operating system completely got corrupted and that is why you are not able to again create connection with the computer and reinstall a fresh copy of the Android 2.2 froyo update in your mobile phone.

You are in serious need to take help from the professionals who are available in the Motorola Store for the help of Motorola users. Search for the nearest Motorola Store in your neighborhood and submit your Motorola Defy cellphone to that store. The technical staff present at the store will be able to guide u with the correct steps in updating the firmware of your particular mobile phone. It is always advisable to take help from somebody with technical knowledge rather than corrupting and damaging d current files.