Thread: Bugs in ASUS O! Play HD2

Bugs in ASUS O! Play HD2

Last week I buy this ASUS O! Play HD2 multimedia device. After doing some things into this device I realized that this will be contains some bugs. This firmware has to be contain this bugs and the bugs in this firmware is to be as follows. This are internal fan is ALWAYS on. The other bugs are as unable to enter the capital letter in net-ID and password for network shares. If all computers are in a workgroup, then SAMBA shares are achievable. This and all the other things of this are to be problematic. I need to some good process that helps to avoid such bugs. Thanks in advance.

Re: Bugs in ASUS O! Play HD2

There will be possibility that do some modification onto this firmware. Few of this modification for firmware is to be Audio during HDMI. This will be able to turn off. The other suggestion is to be the indexing folders should be selectable. This is little things that will be help to avoid such bugs onto the system firmware. This might be present in the latest version of the firmware. If this is not present in the latest version, then add it onto that and it will avoid such bug.

As per my knowledge I suggest that a HD2 which is added as latest feature in the future. This ASUS O! Play HD2 multimedia device has not been capable to play dts extension audio files. This is extremely unlikely for users. I frankly can't understand that manufacturer made a media player that not able to decode dts extension audio files. I hope the next version of this firmware could be possible provide such kind of opportunity. This is to be necessary in this type of high configuration based device.

When I try to play the AVI extension audio files, then it works fine. This is not happening with the other Formats such as MKV or the dts audio files. The manufacturer or the developer has not thinking about this point. Hence there are so many bugs arrives onto this system. We all hope that the next version of the firmware could be providing this kind of opportunity. Then the user has to be satisfied with its performance. This is necessary in this firmware.

I know that there are lots of bugs/problems with ASUS Oplay buy this device also provide some good feature. This feature is as it is world’s first USB3.0 HD media player, Flexible 3.5” hard drive storage capacity and this is happen with supporting NAS. It is also supports the most demanding and popular DVD, Blu-ray ISO and IFO formats. This O!Play HD2 also works with Picasa and Flickr. Hence I’m sure people will like this features.

I'm a little surprised and frustrated by the lack of response to this point that this device has to be containing the lot of bugs. There are different kind of ways are present to play the audio files onto this device. You need to do the compatibility setting task on the system for doing such complicated audio files playing onto this firmware. This will be help to play the dts as well as the mkv files on the media player.

I think your right. If the problem is present in the firmware then the solution are also present. Hence we need to use this type of solution on the firmware for solving such problem. I think this is the right way to use the current device. We just suggest some solution onto this future version of the device. It could be possible that this will be help to avoid such problem onto the firmware. Then use this and it will be help to avoid such problem.