Thread: How to get photos and videos from Droid to Macbook?

How to get photos and videos from Droid to Macbook?

I am trying to transfer my photos and videos taken by Droid to my MacBook, but I could not find the photos anywhere in the list. I can only see the music and no videos. I have tried using the Double twist and also the Sailing Media. The pictures taken from the Droid shown up in the Double Twist but the thing is that I can’t drag and drop or even export them. I am unable to transfer the photos taken from my Droid to my iPhoto or even on the desktop. So can anyone help me to transfer these photos to MacBook?

Re: How to get photos and videos from Droid to Macbook?

I am having my iMac which is running on the Snow Leopard and it is working fine. The thing you need to do is that, you need to connect your phone with your MacBook and then open a ‘Finder’ window. After that go to the DCIM and select the photos or videos that you want and the drag them and paste it on the location that you want. I have done this and this is working fine for me when I play it with the Quick Time that too in very good quality.

If you are unable to transfer your photos and videos through connecting it by USB, then you can try to transfer it through the Bluetooth. Even I am transferring all the stuffs I need into the iMac that I am having from my Droid X phone. So I found this simple way to transfer it rather than connecting your phone to the MacBook and then synchronizing and then transferring what you want. It also saves time and effort to transfer it.

I am a Mac user and this was making me a great worry that I was not able to transfer the photos and videos that I want in to my Mac computer. I am using the MacBook Pro 10.6.7 and also Droid X with Android 2.2.1. I have tried many ways to transfer them but unable to do this. So what I did was I just connected my phone to MacBook Pro and then from the drop-down, I selected Windows Media Sync. After doing this all the photos and videos appeared in the iPhoto along with the import button.

When mount your phone in a computer, all the files and photos that you want can be accessed. After connecting your phone you need to go to the DCIM folder and in that folder select the Camera folder. You can see all your video and photos of the Droid in that folder. You can use Astro to browse the files form a file manager. And from there you can drag all your photos and videos and then paste it in the folder that you want.

I had the same problem and now it is working for me fine. You need to follow the below steps to get your photos and videos.

• With the help of the USB cable connect your phone to your system.
    • Now you can see a picture that Droid is holding a USB. At the bottom you need to click on the “Turn ON the USB storage”
    • once you click you will receive a message asking “Turn ON USB storage”, in that click on the OK button.
    • Now you can see your phone on your system screen with “No Name”.
    • Open the folder “No Name”
    • You can see the folder named DCIM and then open it.
    • In the DCIM folder you can see another folder named “Camera”. This is the folder, where you can see all your photos and videos.
    • Just select the files that you want and then move it to the folder that you want on the MacBook.