Thread: Bluetooth of Motorola Droid X won’t work after updating to Gingerbread

Bluetooth of Motorola Droid X won’t work after updating to Gingerbread

Today morning I updated my Motorola Droid X from Android 2.2 Froyo Operating system to Android 2.3 Gingerbread. All the feature of my mobile are working at their best except the Bluetooth of the mobile phone. I am unable to connect the Bluetooth of my mobile phone to my Bluetooth headset. I wasn’t facing this issue when I had Android 2.2 Froyo in my Motorola Droid X mobile phone. But the issue only started after the Gingerbread update only. Does anyone know what must be the issue? How possibly I can solve the issue.

Re: Bluetooth of Motorola Droid X won’t work after updating to Gingerbread

It might be possible that you might have forgotten to switch on the Bluetooth of your Motorola Droid X or either of the Bluetooth handsfree which you are trying to use. So, in my opinion first you should make sure that you have established connection between both your Droid X and your Bluetooth handsfree. Also make sure that your have made your mobile phone visible, so that you are able to connect to the handsfree. Also inorder to check whether you can hear anything or not, make sure that you have selected the volume to its maximum.

According to me the issue might be occurring because of some kind of issue with your Bluetooth handsfree which you are trying to conned with your Motorola Droid X mobile phone. The issue might also occur if the Bluetooth handsfree which you are trying to use is faulty. SO make sure that the handsfree is working well. If it is not, then you will have to use another Bluetooth handsfree for your cellphone. Check whether new Bluetooth is working or not.

Thank you guys for your post. I appreciate your suggestions. I followed the posts and tried performing as you people have mentioned. But unfortunately nothing seems to be working for me. I also checked whether my Bluetooth handsfree is working well or not and luckily I found that the handsfree was working well and good with any other Bluetooth devices. So it is for sure that the issue is with the phone which occurred because of the new update.

I would recommend you to visit the official website of Motorola and checkout whether they have announced the release of new Android 2.3 Gingerbread for Droid X users. If there was no over the Air announcement done then I fear you might have ended up installing a hacked version of gingerbread on your Droid X cellphone. There is no guarantee of this rooted Operating system, whether they will work well with the phone or not.

You might have not installed the new Gingerbread update for your Motorola Droid X mobile phone properly, and that is why you are facing this unusual problem with your Droid X. So, I would recommend you to reinstall the firmware of your Motorola device as well as the Operating System in it, i.e. Android 2.3 Gingerbread. If still the problem exists then most probably the issue is occurring because of the new OS you recently installed. In this case, I assume that the problem might be from the Gingerbread – Android side and you might have to wait for the android officials to solve the issue in the new update.

I assume that you should visit the Motorola Store and get your Motorola Droid X checked. The officials of Motorola present in the Motorola Store will be able to rectify the exact cause of the issue and thus will be able to provide you with the most appropriate working solution for the issue. The service won’t be charged if the device is still within the warranty period. But if you have void the warranty then you will have to pay for the service, which will mostly be minimal.