Thread: Motorola Droid X with Gingerbread will reboot spontaneously

Motorola Droid X with Gingerbread will reboot spontaneously

Hey guys, I have been using the Motorola Droid X Smartphone with Android 2.2 – Froyo installed in it from last 3-4 months. And today when I connected my device to my computer system, I found that new update of Android 2.3 gingerbread was already available for Motorola Droid X. So I just upgraded my Droid X’s operating system to Gingerbread. So far the mobile has been working great, without showing much functional issues. But the only issue which I am facing is that spontaneously the mobile phone will reboot. Does anyone know what must be the issue? Why is this happening? Please help me.

Re: Motorola Droid X with Gingerbread will reboot spontaneously

You should most probably visit the official website of Motorola or Android and look upon whether they have announced releasing the Android 2.3 Gingerbread for Motorola Droid users or not. I am not sure about this but you might have ended up installing a hacked version of gingerbread or arooted Gingerbread in your Motorola Droid X mobile phone and that is why you are facing this kind of issue with your device. You should always remember to install any update for any application only after they are released on the official website of that particular device or application.

Thank you for the concern. But yes I would like to tell you that I saw that the update is available on the official website of both Android and the Motorola and only after doing so, I decided to install the new update for my currently installed Froyo- Android 2.2 Operating System in my Motorola Droid X. But I am unable to understand what went wrong that might have alarmed this issue with the device that it has started restarting. Now the restart has increased. Please help.

I strongly feel that there might have been some issue occurred when you tried updating your current OS in your Motorola Droid X. You might have not properly installed the update. The issue might also arise if your mobile phone switched off in the middle of updating or if you did not allowed the device to complete the updating process. So in this case, I will suggest you to reinstall the update and make sure that you don’t face any issue now.

According to me you should have not tried to update the firmware or the Operating system of your Motorola Droid X by yourself. You must have given the mobile to someone with much more technical knowledge to do the following. Still nothing much has happened, so I would recommend you to search for a Motorola store in your nearby area and submit your device to the officials available at the Motorola store. They will help you and guide you in the most efficient way to install the following update.

I feel that the problem might be occurring from the Android side only, because I have heard about many Gingerbread 3 users facing this problem of uneven restarting of their Android mobile phone when they are trying to access few apps. So this might be a cause of compatibility issue between the new Operating system, Gingerbread which you have installed in your Motorola Droid X which you recently installed and any other application. Just wait for new update to solve the issue.

The issue of your Motorola Droid X crashing and spontaneously rebooting might also occur if the device is unable to handle the increasing load in it. You might be running many applications in background which is utilizing most of the cellphone’s resources. Thus, when you cross the maximum level, the mobile phone restarts to clear the occupied resources. So I would suggest you not to use too many apps at the same time. Avoid doing so and you will be experiencing smooth running device.