Thread: How to change the installation locations in Huawei Ideos S7

How to change the installation locations in Huawei Ideos S7

Hello guys I just want to know how to change the install locations of the tablet? Can you all please tell me as if how to do that. How to change the locations of the applications that are there in the phone memory and if I want to move it to the sd card memory, then how should I do and please of you have any more ideas then do share it with me over here. since this is the new tablet that I have got and I am very much excited to do some interesting things with it so that’s what I am planning and hope so everything does gets sorted out as quickly as possible.

Re: How to change the installation locations in Huawei Ideos S7

Try the two commands in the command prompt and then change the location accordingly
    • adb shell
    • pm setInstallLocation 2
    with this you will be bale to manage the locations of all the applications that are there in the phone. so that’s what I think and you also must implement the same idea as well here. so that’s what my opinion is. Do work on the same and let me know if the problem does gets solved or not.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion that you have given here but hold on as far as I am aware of this command is for I think moving all the android applications the SD card and not the other phone meory. This is what my phone knowledge says and I am quite sure that things like that can never happen at all. That is what I feel over here and I am sure that you will also have a look at the same as well. So that’s what I wanted to say here. although I will work on the suggestion that you have given here but in case if you have any other solution for me then do mention it over here.

I suggest you to have a look at the link2sd, probably that is the best thing that you can have and especially with the situation in which you are in right now. That is what I think over here. see it gives you the independence of installing all the applications, that too without fear of running out of system app memory. I think that’s a great feature and the must needed tool at this point of time. So that’s what I want to say here. do have a look at the suggestions that I have given here and I am sure that it will be of good help for you.

I think so after the 2.2.2 update in the tablet I think problems like these were qiped out. Before that yes there were many problems. even I had partitioned my card few times, also tried installing ap2sd mod as well as the link2sd mod but still the output was of not so great use for me. this is what I am saying here. however I would like to suggest you is that check for the latest updates for the android tablet and the problem is solved. This is what I want to say over here and I hope that you have got the appropriate suggestions.

Thanks a lot for giving me that update that’s so nice of you. yes I forgot about the update and I am sure that I will look after it as soon as it is released. So thanks a lot for informing me about the said update. So thanks a lot guys for all the solutions that you have given here.