Thread: Would you like a Touchscreen on kindle

Would you like a Touchscreen on kindle

Want a touch screen on the Kindle as the corner of the new nook and Kobo (and former Sony) have? For me I really like Touchscreen. I do not mind occasional cleaning of the screen either. I am as well a bit digitally challenged like me who write with one finger in my hands are a bit paralyzed from GBS. So the Touchscreen would be a gain to me. The keypad on my Kindle is a real confront.

Re: Would you like a Touchscreen on kindle

I love my iPad touch screen, but I do not want a Kindle. The fingerprints would drive me crazy and have used both I prefer reading the page turn buttons on the interception / slide of a touch screen. I am very happy to see that even though Amazon is entering the tablet market is as well intended to maintain the production of a dedicated e-ink reader. I hope that Touchscreen limit tables.

I really have no concern with fingerprints - even with a backlit display for my iPhone / iPhone; I see the fingerprints when activated. I still read on my iPhone a lot and use the iPhone to read magazines - fingerprint does not bother me while it's on. As an eInk screen - I have, sometimes I grabbed Kindle and tap the screen, leaving fingerprints, but I honestly do not realize the prints until the slope of the Kindle in a very precise angle. When you face him, while reading, I cannot see the fingerprints all.

The only reason I'm hesitant to touch screen is that at the moment, the screen eInk not feel like a "screen". It looks like paper and ink for me and my only concern is to make you feel a touch screen as a screen instead of paper and ink. But on the plus side, it would mean a larger screen for reading. My plan is to take advantage of Amazon's return policy of 30 days so if I do not like the Touchscreen, I can go back and continue my K3. Of course this is assuming that the next model will have a touch screen, but I'm waiting.

The touch screen to do a lot of things easier. If I wanted to find a word, just point that finger. (I would not have to push, push, push the controller, and then push back up to a specific word.) I wonder if that's why the Nook is claiming that has a shelf life of the battery. If you make a choice from a menu, you just touch once the menu choice - instead of moving the controller through every other option in the menu to get to it!